79: Liberator

Y/n laughed along with her.

"Then would you miss me if I lose myself again?" Katarina asked.

"What kind of silly question is that?!" Y/n frowned a little, "I would move heaven and earth to save you at all costs, Kat. Even if you suddenly begin to hate me because of forgetting, please, at least accept that I... I love you..!"

Katarina's eyes widened.

"H-Huh..?" That baffled her a little, 'What is she saying all of a sudden?'

Y/n covered her mouth with both hands, 'Oh, me and my big mouth!!!'

Katarina gulped, 'So.. even if I confessed, she wouldn't force herself to agree and like me back as well? She's already liked me..?'

"I didn't know you felt that way." She smiled, 'You were mine to begin with, no matter how you'd answer me if I did confess, it wouldn't have made me care more than having you beside me.'

Y/n covered her face, she felt embarrassed, "I'm so sorry... I'm weird, aren't I?"

"Nonsense," Katarina huffed, "You were going to be mine no matter what happened when we met."

"Huh?" Y/n blushed even harder, 'What did she mean by that!?!??'

What a shocker.

"I-Is that true!?" She stammered, 'I've been crushing on her even before we met in person in the infirmary but because of how hostile her friends were to anybody who tried to have a go with her but this is..?!'

"Of course, it's true. I may seem oblivious but that doesn't mean I'm that stupid, I always misunderstand everything that's sent flying towards me too often than necessary." Katarina chuckled, 'Falling for somebody while I kept my enemies close to me felt out of place to do and all that...'

'I just hope you don't get hurt in the process.' she huffed, 'I've made up my mind now.'

...

V/n was surprised to meet Katarina when she opened the door over that pair of soft knocks.

"Oh?" V/n smiled seeing her.

"I will go with you," Katarina only came to say one thing to her, "Tonight."

V/n perked up, 'Well, that was quicker than I expected.'

"Any reasons for the sudden change of thought so quickly?" She joked asking.

Katarina didn't notice the joke, "If I have such a thing with me. That means it could explode at any minute and hurt the innocent."

"You think it'll be your fault if you go berserk..?" V/n arched a brow at her, 'She's not much of a clown than I expected her to be from her background and everything in the file.'

"I need to know how to control it so I wouldn't do anything I wouldn't want, right?" Katarina asked, saying, "Take me with you so I can learn what I have."

'What a straightforward person.' V/n chuckled.

She looked up at her while nodding, "You have five minutes to change if you want or maybe pack a few things you think you can't leave alone in your room tonight. I'll get my servant to prepare our carriage and exit this academy."

"Alright." Katarina nodded.

"You're not going to leave a letter to bid farewell and that you'll see them later?" V/n wondered.

Katarina took one glance over her shoulder to her before looking back in front of her.

"It's best you do leave a letter though. Who knows how long you'll be gone." V/n huffed.