98: Heartbeat

Katarina looked up at the ceiling, 'So, this is my new life now.'

It was harsh and unthinkable to have. Exercises that seemed to be given numbers exceeding a human's limit, times when food didn't seem appetizing to have even when it was plated really well, and moments where she needed to remember she was acting as the 'man', the heir, of this, said manor.

Either way, forgetting she isn't playing a woman is tough to portray, she seems to be forgetting something else that's giving her a headache each time she tries too hard to remember them.

What luck she has in this new world.

She can't even remember her life back in Japan anymore, even worse.

Suddenly, a pair of knocks came to her door.

"It's unlocked." She sat up.

In came v/n who waved at her walking inside and shutting the door behind her.

"Good evening," she said.

"V/n..?" Katarina blinked, "It's the middle of the night."

"Hush now." V/n walked over and sat down on the bed beside her, "I came to see if you were doing just fine."

Katarina raised a brow, "Yes, I'm fine."

"No," v/n chuckled, "Not that kind."

Katarina sat upright better beside her, asking, "Then what did you come here to check in on me for?"

"I came to check if your mental health hasn't gone down drastically." V/n said, "It'd be bad news if you suddenly ended up sick of everything to the point of suicide."

Katarina shot up, 'Suicide..?!'

'What does she mean by that!?!' she frowned.

"Now, now," v/n eased her down, "I didn't mean it in a bad way. It's just... I've been watching for a while now and it seems as though you and Father haven't had the greatest of moments together while training.. I just hope you don't end up wanting to do an assassination on his head, leading to an immediate death on your part without even reaching adulthood of over the age of twenty."

Katarina hummed.

"If I wanted to do it, I would've been dead when I came here." She said, "I don't... Have the heart to kill anybody. It doesn't feel right and it also feels.. out of place for me to do so."

'So she has been thinking about such things for a while on occasion, huh...' v/n stared at her, she looked rather pitiful, like an abandoned puppy that's lost all hope to find an owner.

"Well," she began, saying, "Do you really wish to kill him if you're able to?"

"No, of course not.. I... Don't have the heart to do so." Katarina sulked just thinking about it more.

'You don't have the heart to do so?' v/n rolled her eyes, 'Looks like Father was right about me checking in on her of this matter, having someone with such a heart isn't a good idea to raise. She's only here to take the title and everything after killing him after all.'