20: Dysphonia

It's been three hours or so after Katarina fell asleep on her shoulder, and she's been slowly eating the candy given by her Mother.

Just waiting there, she's become accustomed to this very well, her heart wasn't racing as much as it did from time to time, she's grown on this, which was a good thing.

But she still often sputters talking to her.

After a few more minutes, Katarina woke up humming.

"Oh? Did I wake you up?" Y/n perked up, whispering.

Katarina opened her eyes to look up at her, she wants to sleep more but no rest was getting to her, "What are you doing..?"

Y/n perked up, 'Her half-awake voice is so hot when it's deep and groggy..'

What a treat it was that she could hear that from Katarina herself alone. It felt so special to her.

"Oh, I'm uhh... Eating candy?" She reached for a piece from the small pack, "Here, have some."

Katarina arched a brow at her and stared at the candy before opening her mouth.

'Does she want me to actually feed her!?' y/n turned beet red as she reached a hand over and fed the candy to her.

It tasted sweet, vanilla.

Katarina hummed, "It's sweet."

"Well, because it is.." y/n chuckled, 'Cute..'

"But it doesn't smell sweet." She squeezed y/n closer for a moment before loosening it back up to her comfort on her lap.

Y/n smiled, 'She's charming without even trying...'

"How does it not smell sweet when it's candy?" She joked, offering her another piece, asking, "Do you want another piece?"

Katarina stared at it and opened her mouth.

'Does she also like being fed?' y/n fed the candy to her.

"It doesn't smell as sweet as you." Katarina hummed, nuzzling close on the crook of her neck.

Y/n blushed, muttering, "D-Do I smell that sweet..!?"

'Is the perfume I made today that sweet?' she hummed, "I should tone that down a little then.."

"Hm?" Katarina arched a brow at her.

"Nothing, I was just thinking about perfume.." y/n eased her down.

Katarina huffed, resting her eyes shut again sleeping on her shoulder.

Y/n patted her head slightly, gentle but quick, wondering, "Did you not sleep all too well last night?"

"I didn't sleep for three days.." Katarina mumbled.

Y/n shot up, "What? How is that even possible..??"

"I can't sleep because I'm cursed but you make me feel better enough that sleep comes." Katarina yawned.

That only confused y/n.

Curse?

Sleep?

"W... What do you mean by curse..?" She asked.

"I'm cursed.. to feel...."

Y/n waited for an answer.

'Oh, she fell back asleep..' she frowned, Katarina fell asleep again.

She sighed.

'I'll have to ask her about this 'curse' another time then..' truly, what a mystery it was.

...

The prodding game began as soon as the harem found a clue on f/n.

F/n has been avoiding them since after her second class this afternoon, she avoided them all successfully but soon enough she was surrounded by them in a hallway.