75: Conciliation

She turned to see who it was.

Y/n was running over to her.

"Y/n.." Katarina's eyes widened, feeling much better seeing her, she hurried over to her to pull her into her arms.

Y/n perked up, "Huh? What's wrong?"

She reached a hand to pat Katarina's back, asking, "Are you alright?"

Katarina huffed, pulling back away, she shook her head with a smile, "I'm alright, y/n."

Y/n had asked her to smile more often than look so neutral at points in time. Katarina did use to smile a lot even before they met and got entangled in this little affair.

It's an unrequited love affair.

"Well..." Y/n thought of changing the topic over this silence, "Are you hungry, Kat?"

Katarina hummed nodding, "Yes."

...

"Does this mean Lady y/n is with Lady Katarina?" Mary theorized.

F/n stared at all of them, 'Why didn't Lady Katarina come? Did Lady y/n have plans to eat lunch in private with her? She barely helped me with my studies!'

She blinked, and shrugged nonchalantly, "Probably, Lady y/n did tell me she cooked herself lunch for two people."

Everyone gasped, they knew all too well what this meant. Looks like y/n figured out Katarina can easily be taken advantage of if you have food ready to give her.

"Where is Lady y/n currently at right now, Lady f/n..!?" Gerald asked.

'Should I..?' f/n thought about it, 'It's about time these people notice by now that Lady Katarina has been seeing Lady y/n a lot in private by now.'

"Probably behind the academy building, why?" She gave up, there wasn't a point hiding it when it was so obvious to their faces.

Sometimes the harem can be the ones oblivious at points in time..

...

"Was my cooking.. alright..?"

Katarina blinked, and smiled, "I think it was the best meal I've had in a while."

"Huh? Have you not been eating well?" Y/n asked.

'I don't feel at all hungry no matter what I do now.' Katarina hummed, playing along, "No, I've been eating just fine. You just cook really well."

Y/n blushed, she didn't expect to be praised by her that much, "O-Oh... Why thank you, Kat."

Katarina huffed nodding a second time.

'She seemed to have liked my cooking. It's not as good as how well I make perfumes but should I ask something like a reward..' y/n gulped, and immediately shook her mind clear, 'No! No! Stop thinking about it like that, y/n!'

Katarina watched her look so flustered in her thoughts as if she read her mind.

She grinned asking, "Do you wish for me to give you a reward?"

"Ehh!?!!" That shocked y/n.

"N-No! No, no, no..! Of course not! How could I ask for such a thing!" She sputtered, 'How did she know!?'

Katarina perked up, 'Did I guess wrong?'

"Do you not want one..?" She asked in wonder.

Y/n paused, she does want one actually. But it seemed so embarrassing to ask for.

"I do... But it seems so embarrassing to.. ask of it from you... E-Especially the Claes Duke's daughter at that."