40: Aromatic

Katarina was reading through the notes Maria took while in class when she was in the infirmary, she was munching on the baked cookies while reading through them.

"Studying?" Alan snickered.

Katarina didn't respond to his mockery.

"Are you alright, Sister?" Keith asked.

"Hm? Yeah, why?" Katarina flipped over the second page.

'You just rarely ever think of studying, you usually do it an hour before and end up cramming it into your brain that's all..' the harem all had the same thought watching Katarina study for once in front of them.

"Did you finally get motivated, Lady Katarina?" Sophia asked.

'Y/n said I could ask for anything from her if I succeed...' Katarina paused on her munching and said, looking at Sophia, "Lady y/n said I should focus on my studies a little better."

The harem all perked up.

"Oh, I see.."

"She did, didn't she?"

"She did?"

"Oh."

'How did Lady y/n manage to make you listen to her and study unlike any of us!?'

It's a sad reality to have.

Well, they all laughed it off.

Katarina smiled, before catching a whiff of a familiar scent.

She looked around her.

She saw a small figure pass by a corner.

'Y/n..?' she got up from her seat and excused herself for a moment.

Everyone was preoccupied with talking, fighting really. Alan was the only one not in it so he knows Katarina left for a moment.

So he sat there waiting until everyone stopped talking and asked about her whereabouts after, it's funnier that way.

...

"Oh!"

Y/n was surprised by the sudden familiar arms wrapping around her.

She smiled, looking over to see Katarina, "Lady Katarina.."

"Y/n." Katarina nuzzled on the back of her neck, she smelled nice just like the scent of jasmine.

"Is that you y/n?"

"What are you doing here?" Y/n asked.

"For you," Katarina answered.

"Don't leave me!"

Y/n blushed, that sounded nice to hear.

"Well.. you should let go, I'm kind of a little busy. A professor asked for my help with something and I need to hurry over to his office for it." She said.

"You left me in our chamber again."

Katarina frowned, "I don't want to."

"I'm sorry, but I have to." Y/n tried to pull away from her hold.

"I'm not angry, I swear. I'll never get angry at you, remember?"

Katarina didn't fight to try and keep her.

"I promise, you can... Hug me this evening, I just need to head over to him real quick to help." Y/n said.

"Please stay!"

Katarina hummed, "Fine."

She reluctantly agreed.

"No!!! I don't want to!"

"I know you don't want me to go but it's a professor so I can't just say no since I also don't have anything to do," Y/n said before walking away.

Katarina stood there, arms to her side, hands, bawling into fists tightly.

"I'll be good! Please, don't leave me alone. I don't want to be alone!!!"

She huffed before turning in the opposite direction from y/n.

"Shut up.." she muttered, "You've been getting on my nerves being louder than a few days ago."