14: Clinch

Here she was, studying while sitting on someone's lap.

Katarina held her close, sleeping on her shoulder.

Y/n let her be while studying on her own, she sighed, 'I wanted to avoid her for the day so I can try to study.. fortunately, I studied well for today's quiz and got a good score on it.'

Flipping over a page, Katarina's arms rested on her.

'I almost forgot I got felt my neck go a little stiff yesterday.' a thought immediately crossed her mind, "Lady Katarina..?"

"Hm..? What.."

She tried to nudge her awake more, whispering, "Lady Katarina, is it alright if you lie down on my lap instead? I got--woah-?!?"

The only response she got was suddenly getting pulled down lying on the bed together with Katarina.

"I'm laying down now, so shut it.." Katarina grumbled close to her neck, the big spoon.

'Steady your heart, y/n!' y/n gulped, seriously, Katarina's voice when she was still half asleep and feeling groggy sounds so deep and husky, she tried to calm her racing heart back down and continued with her study.

Flipping over the next page, Katarina had nuzzled somewhat closer on the back of her neck, she could feel her warm breath against her skin.

'Stay calm, y/n....'

...

After a while, Y/n shot up, 'Oh, no..! Did I fall asleep!?'

She looked to see that she had, of course, dropped her book on the floor with its pages open and her arms dangling on the side, sighing, "I can't believe I fell asleep."

She shifted to turn and look at Katarina to see if she was still asleep or not, and she was.

Y/n was staring closely at her face, nobody's ever gotten this close to Katarina's face like this except her probably, especially when she was sleeping like this even.

'How lucky of me to be the only one to see Lady Katarina's napping face this close.' she smiled reaching to touch her cheek.

Katarina's cheek was soft, she didn't expect that considering she had rough hands.

Life is full of surprises sometimes.

She poked her face.

"Huh?" That woke her up.

"Oh! Sorry, did I wake you up..?" Y/n whispered with Katarina staring back at her, unmoving for a second before suddenly leaning forward and having done what y/n never expects.

She snuggled closer and gave her an Eskimo kiss.

Y/n went stiff trying to calm her heart rate back down when their foreheads and noses suddenly touched.

She reached out with a smile and cupped Katarina's face.

"We haven't really gotten to know each other yet.." she said, 'Everything is happening way too fast, and I can't even catch up well.. so does she like me for real, or is she still dense?'

"I don't care," Katarina mumbled under her breath, arms reaching from behind y/n, pulling her closer.

Y/n huffed up a meek smile as she lowered her hands back down.

"It's getting late for you, so you should head back."

"The sun is still up." Katarina frowned.

"I know but Lady f/n told me that you're being watched a little more closely by your friends since you keep disappearing like this after class hours," Y/n said with Katarina scoffing back at her, "So?"

'She's different from the rumors and things I've heard about her.' y/n was sweating bullets trying to find an excuse for her to leave, and so she did.

"I need to study for real this time and you're bothering me a little, so can we please continue this tomorrow? I need to study this time."

Katarina was now grumpy, groaning as she sat back up with her, "Fine.."

That got her walking out of the room.