45: Bugbear

Y/n was surprised by arms wrapped around her waist, smiling with glee, "Lady Katarina?"

She already knew who it'd be by now, she was beginning to get used to it just like how she's gotten used to being someone she liked up close.

"Y/n.." Katarina nuzzled close to the crook of her neck making her chuckle and pat her back, asking, "What's wrong, Lady Katarina?"

Katarina kept her eyes shut, "My head hurts."

"Your head hurts..?" Y/n raised a hand and gently patted Katarina's head, "Shall I offer you a spell to get rid of it?"

"Spell??" Katarina pulled back slightly to look at her face.

Y/n nodded, "Do you want one? I used to do it to Lady f/n when we were younger."

"Okay." Katarina nodded.

Y/n reached with both hands and gently, patted her head while chanting, "Pain, pain, go away."

Katarina blinked, she still had some headache but it was less strong, it felt slightly unnoticeable now.

"Thank you." She was a little confused as to how it became effective but it worked either way.

Y/n smiled nodding, asking, "Do you feel better enough to let me go so I can get back to my studies in the library?"

"No." Katarina frowned.

'How can you be both cute and cool whenever you decide to be?' y/n sighed, suggesting, "Do you want to come with me to the library instead? You can rest while I study, how's that sound?"

"Yes.. please..?"

...

"Are you kidding me?" F/n stared at the two with a dumbfounded look, 'And here she said she was going to 'focus' on her studies...'

Y/n meekly smiled, now feeling a little embarrassed about being caught by her friend.

F/n sat down beside her in the hidden corner of the library to ask her what has been happening lately.

"She was having a headache and I couldn't just leave her be.." she said, shrugging, "And she's not bothering my focus since she does nothing but takes naps."

F/n hummed, looking at Katarina's sleeping face, she snickering rolling her eyes, "Okay.. whatever you say."

"I'm serious, Lady f/n." Y/n puffed her blushing cheeks for a second making f/n nod her off, "Alright, alright..."

"Can you help me with my studies even if she's here with us then?" She asked.

"Of course, Lady f/n, how can I not?"

...

F/n stared at the two.

Y/n fell asleep halfway last on her studies.

'What am I even going to do if you two get caught like this..?' f/n shut her book and took a different one from her small pile to read.

'Oh, well, it doesn't really matter what happens..' she leaned back a little on the wall behind them with a huff.

...

"Lady Katarina has been seemingly distant lately."

"You think so too, Lady Sophia?"

"Perhaps she's not feeling well.."

The three girls made their way into the splitting hallway before parting ways there.

Sophia walked off, on her own to the library, 'It'd be nice to sit in the hidden corner to read some romance novels... It's a shame I can't tell Lady Katarina about it since she seemed to be down in her mood today.'