28: Arcane

A big fight broke out between the three girls. Well, it was mostly y/n freaking out over Katarina having 'dark magic' with f/n screaming on about how cool it was all the while Katarina tried to keep her away from y/n, who was trying to calm the situation from escalating further.

Fortunately, Katarina's said 'harem' came right on time to break up the situation.

...

Inside the council office.

Gerald asked, slightly squinting his eyes, "Can I ask why you three were.. quarreling?"

"Lady f/n was doing a social experiment on me and Lady Katarina." Y/n had a hand on her face, wanting to hide her expression of embarrassment.

F/n looked at y/n, saying, "Well, yes.. but it's kind of fascinating, right? The idea for this social experiment."

Y/n's face, which was already pale, went grim, glancing over to Katarina who had been staring at her even after they went inside the council office.

"I don't have dark magic." That was a quick answer coming from Katarina.

"Oh, thank goodness." Y/n relieved a breath of relief.

"Yes she does, she's lying just to make you feel better." F/n said, continuing with, "On occasion, I can be someone you can spite on but this is actual and up close dar--"

Katarina had a hand covering her mouth from continuing with her blabbering.

"Please, tell me you're just seeing things." Y/n sighed.

Katarina's glare was cold and piercing, deathly terrifying, it was scary for f/n to even think of saying another word out of her mouth.

It just looked like a silent yet scary way of saying, 'shut up' to her.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Alan finally broke the silence, they needed to have a word about this too.

Katarina was related here.

"What do you mean social experiment??" Sophia asked.

"How in the world would Lady Katarina have dark magic??? That's preposterous." Mary asked.

"Are you sure Lady Katarina has dark magic..?" Maria asked.

"Technically speaking, Lady Katarina 'doesn't' have dark magic but it's more of a dark magic-related spell on her, and judging by how thick the smoke of darkness is on her, I'd say it was cast after she was born." F/n corrected them a little.

Katarina felt an eye twitch, 'I want to hit her face so bad..'

Yes, she does want to hit her face badly.

"So what you're saying is.. she's cursed." Y/n said, "I know that but--"

She slapped a hand on her mouth, sweating bullets, she can't believe she for spilling a secret like that.

"Uhh.." she glanced over to Katarina.

Katarina's face was just dull, expressionless, she didn't even seem to mind what she just said.

"How come you don't get angry if it's Lady y/n who spills secrets like that?" F/n scoffed.

"Another word out of your mouth and I'll sew it shut..." Katarina never says empty threats to people.

"Eep--..!" F/n pursed her lips shut.

There was a lot to unpack for Katarina's poor harem.