80: Landau

"You're wearing nothing but that?" V/n got inside the carriage before Katarina.

"I've never been good with fashion," Katarina sat down opposite from v/n, holding a book in both hands, "Everybody who's known me well enough can tell my maid does everything to my dress and hair to keep me presentable."

V/n laughed hearing that, 'It is indeed obvious.'

"Say," she looked at the book, wondering, "What's that book for?"

Katarina stared down at the brown book, "It's nothing but a diary, I might as well keep track of how long I'll be there if you can't even tell me how long I need to be there."

'Unfortunately, you'll be the new Grand Duke so... Telling you there's no way you are allowed to return until the current Lord's death might just set you on to not coming along with me back home.' V/n smiled.

"Who knows? I'm just your sister, our Father never prompted me to learn the ways of an heir." She shrugged.

"Heir?" Katarina arched a brow.

"Yes, an heir," v/n nodded, "Our Father will teach you everything you need to know to use that power."

Katarina furrowed her brows, she found that a little suspicious.

'Why are you just so easy to read sometimes..? You should be taught on working that out for the betterment.' V/n took notice of it, "Did you know monsters actually exist? Though, our Father, the current Duke, has been keeping them all at bay for decades since the day he was born to take the throne and title?"

Katarina stayed quiet, listening.

"Once they turn twenty, they stop aging, it's like a curse as you can think it is. Though it's more of a family ritual done in a forever looped cycle, the monsters never stopped and it was too dangerous for the one with the blessing of darkness to get into the monster's territories to find out where the source is." V/n began explaining things to her and how it worked, "So because of such a thing. The ruling Lords weren't allowed to do such things anymore, it'd be bad if they died in an accident doing those types of missions, to prevent that, a rule was set which now caused the forever looped cycle. Though, for this instance, it'll be new to have a woman become the Lord in this generation."

Katarina huffed looking out the window, she blinked, 'Snow..?'

She was surprised, it hasn't even been that long since they got inside the carriage to move along.

How did they get here so far..?

"Surprised? It's a teleportation device." V/n chided, "Our Father allowed me to use it for a quicker return of your presence."

"Is this place situated somewhere in the north?" Katarina asked.

"Of course," v/n nodded.

Katarina frowned, "This isn't Sorcier anymore isn't it..?"

That made v/n grin, chuckling a little.

"It isn't, indeed." She grimaced at her, "It's by the border near the edge of the unexplored parts of the map that's infested by monsters. This is the Periferie Kingdom in the North, a neighboring kingdom of Sorcier so to speak."