^^^

You showered and changed into a a blue dress that went just above your knees and had loose long sleeves. Your hair had grown out quite a bit so you put it in a high ponytail with pieces framing your face still with blue highlights.

You put on some light makeup and a pair of sandals before you looked at the box your parents left you and decided to open it. You took the necklace out and put it on and held it closing your eyes, ever since you saw the memory of your mother getting killed you asked Wong to tell you stories when you visited him.

You opened your eyes back up and looked in the mirror and touched up your eyes after they watered a bit. You grabbed your bag and teleported to the front of the museum. Paparazzi started swarming you immediately yelling questions and taking pictures.

"Where is Steve Rogers?" One said.

"Is he on the moon?" Another asked.

"How do you feel about Sam passing the shield to the museum?" Another one said.

You shielded your eyes and tried to gain yourself trying to walk through the crowds. "Were you apart of the attack on Westview?" Someone asked.

"How does it feel to be friends with a terrorist?" One of them yelled and you became furious.

"Give her space! Move out of the way!" You heard Rhodes yell, he reached out his hand and you took it and he led you through the door locking the paparazzi out. "You okay, n/n?" He asked.

"Yeah, they are ruthless. Thank you." You said calming down.

"No problem, he's about to start we have our spots in the front." He said and you locked your arm around his as he led you to the spot.

A few minutes later everyone was crowded around and Sam took the stand. "Steve represented the best in all of us. Courageous, righteous, hopeful. And he mastered posing stoically." He joked looking at the banner of Steve behind him and everyone chucked.

"The world has been forever changed. A few months ago, billions of people reappeared after five years away, sending the world into turmoil. We need new heroes. Ones suited for the times we are in. Symbols... Are nothing without the woman and men that give the meaning. And this thing..." he said with a chuckle and picked up the shield and looked at it.

"I don't know if there's ever been a greater symbol. But it's more about the man who propped it up, and he's gone. So, today we honor Steve's legacy. But also, we look to the future. So, thank you, Captain America. But this belongs to you." He finished and everyone applauded.

A man came up and took the shield while a women pulled a sheet from over a glass case. He carefully put it in and you looked at it with tears in your eyes.

After a little while you were standing with Rhodes and Sam walked up. "Looked good up there, you're good with words too." You said and he smiled at you and brought you into a hug.

"I try, I try. You're still coming with me to Louisiana, right?" He asked pulling back.

"Of course, I'm packed I just have to go back to my apartment to change into comfy clothes and get my bag." You said.