51. Mobius Strip Inverted

Start from the beginning

"Or screw it up worse than he already has, right?" Tony said.

"I don't believe we would." Steve said.

"I gotta say it. I sometimes miss that giddy optimism. However, high hopes won't help, if there's no logical, tangible way, for me to safely execute said time heist." Tony said sitting next to you. "I believe the most likely outcome will be our collective demise."

"Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel." Scott said and sat at the chair across from Tony's. "All right? It means not talking to our past selves, no betting on sporting events." He said as Nat and Pietro leaned on the post he was once near.

"I'm gonna stop you right there, Scott." Tony said holding up his hand. "Are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe, is based on Back to the Future? Is it?" Tony asked leaning closer.

Scott scoffed, "No." he shook his head.

"Good. You had me worried there. Cause that would be horseshit. That's not how quantum physics works." Tony said.

"Tony. We have to take a stand." Nat said.

"We have to try." Pietro said.

"We did stand and we did try. And yet, here we are." Tony said and you put a hand on his leg to give him some comfort.

"I know you got a lot on the line. You got a wife, a daughter. But I lost someone very important to me. A lotta people did. And now, now we have a chance to bring her back, to bring everyone back, and you're telling me that you won't even..." Scott said.

"That's right, Scott. I won't even. I cant." Tony said and the door opened.

Morgan ran up to you and Tony and got into his lap. "Mommy told me to come and save you."

"Good job. We're saved." He said hugging her. "I wish you were coming here to ask me something else. Anything else. I'm honestly happy to see you guys, I just," he said walking to the door. "Oh, look, table's set for eight." You got up and followed him and Morgan reached out to you again and you took her with a smile.

"Tony. I get it. And I'm happy for you. I really am. But this is a second chance." Steve said and he stopped in front of him.

"I got my second chance right here, Cap." He said brushing the back of Morgan's head and held onto your hand. "Can't roll the dice on it. If you don't talk shop, you can stay for lunch." He said continuing to the door. You looked at the group and gave a small sad smile with a nod and followed him in.

^^^

You stayed past dinner and put Morgan to bed. You walked down stairs and started helping Tony with the dishes.

"I forgave him." He said randomly.

You looked at him confused, "Forgave who?"

"Barnes, I forgave him a long time ago. Pepper told me you were together before he..." He answered. You looked at him sadly. "I know he didn't mean to do what he did, that is was Hydra. I just got caught up in my emotions." He said shrugging.

You gave him a hug from behind and he leaned back a bit. "I love ya, dad." You said.

"Love ya too, kid. Thank God you're here." He said with a laugh and you gave him a kiss in the cheek and let go.