Episode 117: Glitter and Gold

"Guys! I've got a text!"

"Ugh ... way too early for this..."

"What? What?"

"Gah ... what time is it?"

"Is someone having sex?"

"Daphs! Bobby! Come on, you two!"

"Hey, I'm literally still sleeping right now."

"Argh ... did someone say they had a text?"

"YES!" Chelsea shrieks, jumping onto her knees on the bed, tousling the duvet over Mickey. "Chelsea and Mickey, it's time to get ready for your final date! Eek! Ah, the final dates!"

That gets everyone up. Daphs and Bobby beam at each other from where they've settled in one another's arms. Final dates! This is really, really it ... they're coming to the final stretch.

"Oh, how exciting!" Chelsea squeals. "I can't wait to find out what we're going to do!"

Bobby kisses Daphs on the top of her head. "Today is going to be so great. I can't wait."

She leans up to return the kiss to his lips. She pushes down the bout of sadness that creeps up, winding its way into her mind to remind her that it's all coming to an end.

"Final dates! Ah, God, I don't even think I mind what we do ... I know it'll be amazing," she says.

All five girls rush upstairs to help Chelsea get prim and proper. Without knowing too much what she's away to do, they opt for something more neutral.

"And how do you feel about going with Mickey?" Daphs asks as she ties the straps of Chelsea's dress over her shoulder to give her ampler cleavage.

"Oooft. Honestly every single day I'm more and more grateful that he's in here and I have him," she says, jiggling her bobbies in the mirror as she adjusts their placement. "I think the Lucas thing helped, because when I picked Mickey over him, it was just a reminder of why I fell for Mickey in the first place. Taking everything that happened yesterday into perspective, I honestly couldn't feel more grateful to have someone like Mickey sticking by my side."

"You should enjoy yourself today, hun!" Hope says as she clips Chelsea's hair back. "You and Mickey deserve a good day together, only the two of you."

"Yeah, and this is actually going to be our first proper date at all! What a way to get started!"

The entire group sends the pair off at the front door, waving them away with plenty of good lucks. Bobby wraps his arms around Daphs as they stand with the others, still to disperse.

"Mmm, meet you for breakfast?" He asks. "Say, about ten minutes or so?"

"Ten minutes, you're keen," she replies, turning so that they're facing one another. "What's on the menu this morning, then?"

He kisses her. "Anything you want, you name it."

Daphs flashes her eyes down. Bobby's sweet smile turns to a wily grin. "Easy, tiger."

She kisses him, pulling away to follow the other girls back up the stairs. While their arms are still wound together, she half turns back to say, "Surprise me."

"Okay ... I think I have just the trick, perfect start for the number one lass in my life."

As Daphs disappears up the stairs, she thinks about how much Bobby is trying to keep her happy right now; how he's making sure she's taken care of, and how she's already worked out that's part of his love language. No matter what happens from here on out, whether it's their name or someone else's called out in the final, Daphs knows in her heart that this love right here, between her and him, is the real prize.