Episode 41: Date Me, Date Me

Chilling at the daybeds lasts for a bit before everyone decides to take a well-earned break by the pool. Lucas joins half the boys in the water as Daphs chills with Noah and Priya on the beanbags, their legs in the cold water up to their knees.

As the beach ball the boys have got flies passed them, Priya flips over, adjusting her bikini so she can tan her back peacefully, pulling her legs out the water. Daphs feels Noah's leg brushing against her and before she knows it, they lock their legs together. They both snort and let go.

A nearby phone beeps.

Daphs looks up to see Marisol with her phone in her hand already. She's been sitting chatting to Hope for the past wee while, a confident smile on her face. It doesn't falter as she reads out the text, only growing brighter.

"Islanders, today is date day," Marisol reads out. "The girls' will be pairing off with one boy each and inviting them out on a date. Marisol, as you're single, you get first pick. Please choose a guy to go on a date with, and then get ready to leave the Villa. Hashtag, early bird, hashtag, pick of the pack."

Daphs catches Hope's eye from behind Marisol. Marisol does take a second to spare Daphs a glance before she turns to the lads in the pool, calling out, "Lucas, would you like to be my date for the day?"

All eyes on him, Daphs only looking slightly unamused, Lucas eyes her back before he turns, half-grinning. "Sure, Marisol, why not?"

Daphs turns away, her tongue running over her front teeth. Noah nudges her. Daphs half smiles, half grimaces at him as Lucas swims over. He lifts himself onto the poolside between Daphs and Priya and spins to face Daphs. He doesn't say anything, but leans into her and kisses her, hand cupping her chin.

He pulls away and, cradling his lips to her ear, very quietly telling her, "Don't worry about it; know I'm going to be spending the entire time thinking about you." He kisses her on the cheek before going back to her ear. "Don't pick Bobby either."

Daphs pulls back, startled.

Lucas leans in and kisses her on the lips again. "I mean it," he says, no longer whispering, but smiling.

Before she can think about it more, one of the phones behind the beanbags go off. It's either Daphs or Noah, most likely Daphs. Noah reaches for it, handing it casually to Daphs. Lucas is dripping water all over her as she opens her message.

"Daphs, please choose who you would like to take on a date today. As Marisol has picked Lucas, you will have to choose one of the other boys," Daphs reads out. She feels Lucas' wary eyes on her, but turns from him, putting a hand on Noah. "How about it? Now that my man's been taken, do you fancy cheering me up, Noah?"

A grin spreads over his face. "I'd love to go on a date with you, Daphs," he says and Daphs matches his grin. "You good, Lucas?"

"I'm good, mate, you take good care of my girl, yeah?" Lucas replies, reaching over Daphs to fist-shake Noah, the guys slapping each other on the back.

Lucas is barely off Daphs before Hope descends, swooping one arm over Daphs and one over Noah. "I wanna say that I'm totally fine with this," she says, looking between them both. "Daphs, I know you'd be taking Lucas if you could, and who knows, we'll all still have a good time, yeah? Either way, Daphs, you're one of my closest friends in here; I trust you to know your boundaries."

Noah pats her idly. "Babe, it'll be fine," he tells her. "It's a date, and we're friends. We should both use this as a chance to spend some time with other people."

Hope looks a little taken aback.

"And you know what they say," Noah continues, getting to his feet. "Variety is the spice of life." He offers Hope a hand up, and Lucas does the same to Daphs, getting up too.