Episode 63: I Knew You Were Trouble

Daphs knows her reunion is going to be the emotional one; she was the only one in a strong, official couple before heading off. If she and Lucas stay loyal or not, there's going to be tears; theirs is the emotional gut-punch that has the most chance of making viewers teary eyed.

So, as the girls and their partners leave one after the other, Daphs waits. And waits. And waits.

All she can do is not think about it else the dread and her anxiety get the better of her. At the end of the day, Lucas has made his decision and her fretting won't change that.

What keeps Daphs going is the word 'love'. So, no she and Lucas aren't at 'official' status yet, but they are in love, and what more can they ask for? Love isn't something you get over in three days. It isn't something you forgot about in less than a week. Love is all consuming and Daphs merely needs to remind herself of all the times he's said that four-lettered word to her and she calms.

The smell of Priya's perfume still lingers on Daphs after Priya has left. The pair had barely let go of one another the entire time they waited. When it was Priya's turn to step out, she reluctantly let Daphs go and paid Felix the first bit of attention since they'd arrived in the Villa.

And now it's Daphs' turn. The end of the night; the last reveal. Perhaps the boys are all out there dreading her coming back with someone else, wondering if she's been kept for last because she is going to betray Lucas like that.

No chance. No way.

She pushes down the nerves as she steps out into the night air. It's coolly refreshing against her skin as she heads down the patio.

Daphs sees the Flack standing there, an unreadable expression on her face. The new girls are lined up behind her, only four of them remaining. Have the boys only been given five, or were there six girls for them, too, despite being a boy down? Daphs tries to quickly work it out in her head before she steps down, who might've been the one or two boys to switch, but the journey down isn't that long and –

Two people stand up amongst the other Islanders at the firepit. And it's Lucas there. Eyes on her like she's the one stepping out with someone on her arm. Daphs nervous smile drops from her face the moment she lays on him standing with his arm around the spoon girl.

Daphs has to remind herself to keep moving even as her heart sinks, her mind going blank. She's aware how slow she's moving but can't quite find it within herself to pick up speed. The Flack reaches out to her, pulling Daphs close into her side.

And everyone is around, right there. Watching.

Daphs can't look at them, can't look at anyone. She catches Lucas' eye as he fidgets nervously at his spot by Spoon Girl and he at least has the grace to not look away. Daphs has eyes for no one else.

"So, Daphs, as you can see, Lucas has recoupled," the Flack says, keeping her grip on Daphs close and strong like she knows that she's Daphs anchor at that moment. Her voice is softer than Daphs has ever heard it. "How are you feeling?"

And it's slowly hitting Daphs.

Lucas recoupled; he chose someone else, and he chose to do it in front of everyone with absolutely no warning and no regard for Daphs feelings. Did he want to hurt her? Humiliate her? Either way, she's standing there like a fool feeling both. Daphs can feel tears stinging behind her eyes and works her damn fucking hardest to blink those fuckers back. She is not going to stand up there in front of him and let him see her cry and break down.

"Honestly ... I am pretty shocked," she says, trying not to let her dizzy head knock her over. She stares hard at Lucas, hoping he won't see her eyes glistening. "Days before I left, he's been going around telling me he loves me, you know? It was actually the last thing he said to me when I was last here, and now ... I honestly don't know." Sharply, she pins her eyes on him. "Lucas?"