Episode 9: Game Player

Despite the news of the imminent recoupling and dumping to ensue later that night, Daphs finds herself in the company of Hope of all people.

With their feet in the pool and not much else, the ladies are chatting away. "I wanted to say that I really appreciated that you were trying to cheer me up earlier, hun. I know I haven't made myself the easiest person for you to like."

Hope nods, looking out over the horizon. "Noah says that you and Lottie are just trying to wind me up with it, and you wouldn't be doing it if I wasn't so reactive, but I don't know, there's something about you, Daphs, I don't know if it's cause half the Villa have been chasing you or what, but I don't trust that Noah has kept his eyes to himself when it comes to you. We talk, you know. I pick on stuff."

Daphs heart hammers against her chest as she thinks of the night before and the mirror incident. "I am bantering, babes, but I get it cause obviously Noah is a lovely guy, he's very good-looking, you've found something good, and you want to hold on to it, so maybe I will tone it down a bit. I think I might have to tone a few things down after what I've been hearing is being said about me when I'm not there..."

"I wouldn't think on it, Daphs, everyone's talking about everyone. There's nothing else to do."

"Yeah, I suppose." Daphs leans back, lying across the lawn. "I did want it to be known though, that I did appreciate what you and Noah did earlier. I wouldn't have blamed you if you'd told me to get stuffed."

Hope laughs. "That's not me, honey. We can be friends – if we work a bit harder."

Daphs smiles. "I would like that."

"Good. So, tell me, what's your plans for tonight? Do I need to worry about my new friend going?"

"I shouldn't have thought so," Daphs says, rising again. "I think Bobby is going to pick me, but I am going to out-right ask. Just to put my mind at ease."

Hope nods. "Hopefully he can pick first so you know no one else can swoop you up."

"I told Rocco already I want Bobby to pick me, so hopefully he takes that to heart."

"What about Gary? Have you spoken to him since your conversation with Lottie this morning?"

"Not yet, I feel a bit awkward about that one because I don't feel like I've led him on at all, like yeah, we've spoken, and I feel he might be into me a little, but I don't think I would be to blame if he picked me."

"I understand, but maybe still have the conversation so you know that's not going to happen. I know Marisol and Hannah both have their hopes on Gary."

Daphs nods. "I better go for it now. Tonight'll happen sooner than I think."

As it happens, Gary is chilling on one of the beanbags not far from where Hope and Daphs are chatting. He spots Daphs heading over and grabs a second beanbag, pulling it close to his. "All right?" He says before she has a chance to sit. "You really know how to stand out, Daphs. Every time I see you, I'm always like, wow. Stunned."

Daphs blushes as she takes a seat. She starts to wonder if she really has been too rash in only giving Bobby a chance. "Thanks, Gary," she says, fidgeting with her sunglasses.

"Feeling good for the recoupling? I'm well excited," he says, relaxing back.

"Yeah, I'm not worried that I'm leaving," she says.

"I don't think anyone is, you're like a sure thing."

Daphs doesn't know what to make of that. She asks outright, "Who are you going to pick?"

It Could Only be Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें