Episode 17: Dating Whomst

A little while later, once the tour is finished, Daphs and Priya have formed a small group by the poolside alongside Hope, Lottie, and Bobby. Kitty isn't too far away, having just pulled Noah away from the group for their 'one-on-one' chat.

"What do all the boys make of her?" Lottie asks Bobby, eyeing Kitty.

Bobby looks over at the new girl, where she's sat on a bean bag opposite a chilled looking Noah who doesn't appear to be making much conversation.

"Well, I'd be lying if I said that Gary and Rocco aren't interested, but that's to be expected, isn't it?" Bobby says. "They don't want to rule anything out when they aren't doing so hot in their own couples."

Hope nods. "Noah was telling me that he and Rahim aren't too interested," she says with a look at Priya.

"So, looks like she's not having much luck with her top three then," Lottie says icily.

"Come on, don't be like that," Bobby says. "She's here for the same reason as all of us. Besides, two new boys have walked in, one of which – who – whom? Whomst? – anyway, one fancies you, Lottie. Why aren't you away chatting to him?"

Lottie looks around. "Probably because I can't bloody find him."

"Guys!" Priya says as the familiar ding can be heard, "I got a text!"

Gary and Marisol sit up from the sun loungers as Rocco and Ibrahim make their way down from the kitchen with a wheatgrass smoothie each. Even Kitty has paused her convo with Noah to look over.

"Ah, right on time," Lottie says, touching Hope reassuringly. "What does it say?"

"Islanders, the new boys Lucas and Henrik have each chosen three girls to take on dates. The first girls chosen are..."

Hopes phone beeps, gearing a chorus of 'ohs' from the other Islanders. She picks up her phone with a giddy grin. "Oh my gosh, it's me! I'm going for drinks with Lucas!"

Daphs joins in with the cheering from the other Islanders as Hope looks around at Noah who's grinning back at Hope. Daphs is whooping so loud she almost doesn't hear her phone...

"Oh, that's me!" She says, throwing her hands in the air excitedly before realising her phone is in the wrong way of the sky. Daphs quickly picks her phone up, ignoring the 'oohs' from the other Islanders. "Daphs, you're going for drinks with Henrik! Aw!"

As the other Islanders cheer, Daphs looks to Bobby right away. It's automatic, she doesn't even think about it. All she wants to see is his reaction. She barely even cares about going for drinks with Henrik.

"Have fun," he tells her, grinning. They hug and Bobby rocks her reassuringly.

"I will," she says, "but not too much."

"How could you possibly when I'm not here?" He says, booping her nose.

"Come on, Daphs! Let's go get ready!" Hope calls over. She and Noah had met around the pool, having their own moment while Daphs and Bobby had theirs. The other girls, bar Kitty, get up, too, and natter away as they head to the dressing rooms.

"So, girls, how're we feeling about the dates?" Marisol asks once they're alone.

"I'm excited," Hope says. It's written all over her face, too. She's half-way to her stuff and has to stop and collect herself a bit. "It's so nice to know that even though I'm in a secure couple, someone likes me enough to try?"

"And you, Daphs? What are you thinking about Henrik?"

"I'm a little surprised, I think," Daphs says, making it show on her face, "but pleased. Kind of like what Hope said, even if I'm not interested, it's nice to be picked?"