Episode 56: The Disaster Part One

Daphs enters the dressing room, draping herself against the door, and loudly declares, "Well, if it isn't – me!" She kicks a leg up against the other side of the doorframe dramatically.

"Read the room, Daphs," Lottie tells her as she goes back to doing her make-up.

"What's up?" Daphs asks as she heads in and to her station. "It's only a recoupling. No one's getting dumped or anything."

"Well..." Priya says, awkwardly.

Daphs stops dead. "What's happened? What have I missed?"

"Have you been kicking about all day and not heard?" Marisol asks incredulous. "Whoa."

"What?"

"OMG," Chelsea says, shaking from side-to-side. "So, when you and Lucas were being totes adorbs at the snug and then in the pool and that – you'll never guess what we found out!"

"Chelsea," Marisol scolds, eyes flickering to Hope who's got a face on her as she does her make-up quietly in the mirror. Evidently, whatever she and Noah argued about is still not resolved.

"Oh –" Chelsea gasps, eyes going wide. "Sorry, Hope!"

"Wait, what's going on?" Daphs asks, sitting with her legs folded. "Hope, is everything okay?"

Hope throws her highlighter back into her make-up bag with a thud. "Peachy," she says, her brows knotting together as she casts Daphs a despicable look.

Daphs eyes wander to Priya for answers. Priya spares Daphs half a glance before concentrating on her make-up some more.

"Oh, well, you'll find out anyway –" Marisol says.

"I'm surprised Noah hasn't pulled you for a chat already, hun," Lottie says with deep disappointment.

Hope discards her make-up brush with the same disregard as her highlighter and snorts disdainfully.

"So, basically," Chelsea begins, saying it like it's just run-of-the-mill gossip and that she isn't revealing something that's obviously causing hurt and tension between the other girls present in the room, "Priya and Noah had a chat up on the roof terrace earlier, and Noah told Priya that he wants to recouple with you, Daphs!"

Daphs reels back, utterly shocked. She peels her eyes away from the other girls as they all flick their gaze her way to see her reaction. "What?" Daphs asks flatly before her eyes zip over to Hope. "Hun, I am so sorry – this can't be true! I honestly had no idea; this is the first I'm hearing about any of this! I – I mean, like, what? This is crazy!"

"Ask Priya, hun," Hope says snippily, "since she's the one Noah's been chatting to about it. I had no idea until Priya blurted it out at the beanbags earlier. Apparently, I wasn't even his first priority for talking about it. He apparently wanted to let you know first, too, hun. No doubt so he could keep me as a safety net if you rejected him."

Daphs eyes are wide, her mouth unable to close properly. "No way," she says, her eyes sliding to Priya. "This doesn't sound like Noah."

"He told me himself, Daphs," Priya says. There's a moment when it's just them; all the other girls have looked away, and Priya mouths, "We'll talk."

Daphs nods, turning to the mirror to start her evening routine.

Recoupling night. If there's any reason to knock it out the park, that is it. Funny how Daphs always finds a reason every night to say that.

For the recoupling, she wears a snake-green dress inlaid with diamond shaped glitter a shade lighter than the dress itself. Like usual, it's extremely low-cut, slipping down to the belt that helps cinch the dress in at the waist. Daphs has a matching chocker necklace and black high heels to go with it.