Episode 65: Aftermath

Can they all stop staring? Oh, God, it's not like Daphs instigated it. It's not like she encouraged it. It's not like she wanted it to happen. She isn't even sure how it happened. Because nothing was happening. It wasn't and then it was.

The tears are properly stinging in her eyes as she tries to process. Bobby takes her up to the swing and they're quickly joined by Lottie, Chelsea, and Priya. Daphs is already crying by the time they come over.

"What the –" Lottie begins, sitting on Daphs free side. "I don't even know how that happened."

"Me neither," Chelsea says, looking horrified. "Everything happened so fast. Do you think they'll come back in tonight?"

"I think they might be lucky if they don't get kicked off the show all together," Priya says.

It's too much for Daphs as she sinks her face into her hands and bows her head down. Immediately, Lottie and Bobby have their arms around her as Priya kneels down in front of her, rubbing her legs.

"No one blames you, babes," Priya says. "It's their stupid dick-measuring that's to blame –"

"I don't understand that if Lucas is so over Daphs like he says, then why did he do all that?" Chelsea says like she doesn't really realise quite what she's saying.

"No one believes for a second that he doesn't still have feelings for her," Lottie hisses. "But I don't know where he gets off starting on Noah like that when he's the one that's fucked up. Daphs, you've got nothing to apologise for."

"Yeah," Priya says encouragingly, "thanks to Lucas, you're a free agent; a single lady; he has no right being mad at anything you do, not when he's flouting his side piece about without caring about you."

"I think it might be best if everyone heads to bed now?" Bobby suggests. He pops his free hand around Daphs face, his fingers playing into her hair. "I'm sure one of the girls will stay with you tonight if you don't want to be alone."

"What if Noah comes back?" Chelsea asks.

"Then he can sleep with Bobby," Lottie says. "Daphs, you're coming in with me tonight."

Daphs raises her head, pulling her palms away to wipe her face. "But you snore," she says weakly.

The others laugh lightly, clearly pleased that she's all right.

"I'll stay with you tonight, hun," Priya says, swiping Daphs hands in hers. "You'll be doing me a favour getting me away from Felix."

"Damn, changed your mind that quick?" Bobby snorts.

Priya rolls her eyes. "To say I don't know what I was thinking in the first place is an understatement."

She pulls Daphs up by her hands and not a second later the others follow.

Hope, Marisol, Graham, and Carl are on the daybed; Hope looks furious as Daphs passes. Felix chats to Shannon and Blake as Rahim and Gary take sullen refuge in the kitchen. Gary walks around and catches Daphs before her group leaves the kitchen down the patio, pulling her in for a hug. He and Rahim join them on their way inside, but the three boys huddle down in the bedroom while the girls head upstairs.

Daphs changes as quick as she can in case she gets stuck in the dressing room with Blake. Without a boy to have to worry about, she just throws on the first thing she can find (which may also be Noah's t-shirt).

The other girls are heading up as they all head down. Only Marisol stops to say anything to Daphs, offering her a hug as the others keep on. "Ignore Hope, by the way," she adds, "she'll fizzle down."

Daphs does her best not to let it get to her. After all, Daphs isn't to blame for Noah's feelings and his reaction tonight. Though, Daphs does wonder how it would feel if things were the other way around.