Episode 98: Nightfall

Notes: warning for all your foot-phobic's out there.

The beach is a fun outing; Daphs sunbathes with Hope and Hannah, goes splashing in the sea with Lottie, Chelsea, and Jo, and even makes a sandcastle. With no Bobby around, it even stays standing.

The girls have a lovely time, and Daphs feels closer to all of them, even Jo, who thanks Daphs profusely for what she'd done earlier. That's when they realise Sriracha is still under the daybed.

By the time they get back to the Villa, they discover that Sriracha has been found, and is with all the other babies and their dads on the lawn. It appears that they're all doing some sort of baby yoga...

Daphs, Jo, and Chelsea head down the stairs to the grass, all linking arms, as the boys all let out an exaggerated breath.

"Now," Mickey shouts out at the head of the group, "Impossible tiger warrior pose number five."

The other guys open their eyes in confusion.

"Hey, boys!" Chelsea calls out, drawing all their eyes.

Mickey drops his arms at once, Bubbly swinging down passed his hip, and heads over, calling back out to her, "Hey, babe! We're just finishing up baby yoga."

With a shout, Gary falls onto his backside. "It's well hard," he says, leaning over to rub his butt.

Bobby meets Daphs halfway across the lawn, Bobby Jr tucked safely in his arms. "Hey, sweetheart," he says as Daphs takes Bobby Junior. He puts his arm across her shoulders. "Enjoy the beach?"

Beaming at him, Daphs says, "Yeah, it was good to get out. To be honest, I didn't wanna leave you again. I just got you back, and I had to go, but I did have a really nice time with the girls."

"As you should," he says, planting a little kiss on her head. "I find it hard not to enjoy the beach."

"Ooft, come on, really? Even in Winter back home?"

He looks thoughtful. "Okay, I didn't think that through."

With a laugh, she asks, "How were things here?"

"Things here were sweet!" He says in a rush, plastering a beaming smile on his face. There's a cough from behind them, and Daphs sees Gary eyeing them. "For the most part..." Bobby tags on. When Daphs gives him a pressing look, he continues, "We started off with a classic game of peekaboo. Can't go wrong with that."

"Noah made Brenden cry when he played it..." Daphs says, holding BJ a little more protectively.

"Nah, that was extreme peekaboo. This was the traditional version," he says, brushing BJ's head fondly. "Then I entertained Bobby Junior by seeing how many eggs I could fit in my mouth. It turns out the answer is 'two', which was a bit of a let-down, and we rounded off the afternoon with this yoga."

"Aw sounds like you had a lovely time," Daphs says, mirroring his move on BJ by tenderly stroking her cheek. "You did a great job."

"It was nothing. Really. I had a great time!" He beams back at her, taking her hand in his affectionately. "Um, yeah, so ... that's everything..."

Gary bursts out from behind Bobby. "You sure that's all?" He asks, eyes squarely on Bobby. Clearly, making sure Daphs knows what's happened is Gary's revenge for the sandcastle ruining.

With a sigh, Bobby's gaze flutters back on Daphs. He shoves Gary's head away. "So ... during baby yoga, I got a little over-excited and, um, somehow Bobby Junior's ... legs came off."

Daphs jaw drops. She slaps her fingers to her lips as Gary slips off, evidently satisfied.

"I have literally no idea how it happened!" Bobby says, standing square in front of her, hands on her shoulders reassuringly. "I got them on quickly, but yeah, that happened. It's like they're super fragile or something..."