Episode 13: Slime Girls

The boys are seeing who can make the biggest splash in the pool as the girls soak up the sun on the loungers, though Daphs thinks both groups are only trying to look good in front of the other.

"So, girlies, how did everyone's brunch go?" Hope asks. Daphs sees Lottie roll her eyes.

"I see yours went well," she says. "Hope and Noah have reached a new level of loved up and were actually feeding each other."

Hope grins unashamed. "It was such a treat; I loved every minute of it."

"Mine went as you would expect. You know Bobby – a joke a minute, right, Daphs?"

"He didn't have me laughing last night," Daphs says, fluffing through her hair.

"Priya, how was your brunch?" Hope asks.

"We had a great time, too. Ibrahim did try to compliment me by comparing me to a poached egg. He said it's because we're both perfect, and then got very quiet. I'll admit, it was quite cute."

"Classic Ibrahim."

Marisol asks, "How about you, Daphs? That the first time you and Rocco have spoken properly since the recoupling, wasn't it? He said he was a bit upset that you didn't come and speak to him last night."

That does wrinkle Daphs. "I mean, two-way street. He could've spoken to me, but either way, I wasn't in the mood to give him much time after he stopped me and Bobby from coupling up again, but yeah. We tried to clear the air, but it felt very much like we agreed to disagree. He still thinks there's hope for him and me."

"Really?" Lottie pipes up. "Not to be too crass, but considering Bobby was face first in your vagina last night, I would've thought he'd reconsider his options..."

Priya had been taking a sip of water and proceeded to spit it out all over herself.

"Jesus, Lottie," Hope laughs, covering her mouth with her hand.

"She's got a point," Marisol says. "I don't know, are you sure you're really being that direct with him?"

Daphs took a deep breath. "Sorry, Rocco, but there's someone in here that I would much rather be with than you. His name is Bobby, not Rocco. That's who I want. Again, Rocco, that boy is not you – I don't know how much more direct I can be?"

"Oh, to be Daphs and have problems like 'oh-boys-fancy-me-too-much-and-I'm-too-sexy'," Lottie says. A few of the other girls' snort, but Daphs doesn't say anything.

"I don't know where I am with Gary still," Marisol says, flicking a crumb off her stomach. "The brunch was fine, but I don't have strong feelings for him..."

"Funny because Hannah really did."

The silence is hard, but no one bites.

"I've tried, but the spark just is not there," Marisol continues. "After my chats with Hope and Daphs, I think I'm going to have to end it. I feel bad, but there isn't any point in beating a dead horse."

If Lottie hadn't been there, Daphs would have mentioned her chat with Gary and how he does really like Marisol and wants to give things a go, but Marisol doesn't need anymore digs from Lottie.

"A spark is important," Lottie says. "It's fate telling you how it is. When you feel it, y'know you've found the one. It's just a shame that you only felt it this morning, Marisol. Or that you didn't feel it, I should say."

Marisol shakes her head as Daphs reaches out with a hand to put on hers. "Ignore her, babes," Daphs whispers.

"She's a terror," Marisol whispers back. Louder, Marisol calls over to Lottie, who's on the furthest lounger away, "You sounded like you were having such a great time with Bobby, Lottie. Was it you or him who decided on being friends first – oh, wait, it was him, when he chose Daphs over you at the coupling."