Episode 28: Eggcellent

Clearing her throat, Daphs gets up from her beanbag, leaving Hope, Kitty, and Lottie to sunbath without her. Marisol is with Rocco on the sun loungers; Lucas and Noah are chatting at the firepit; Priya and Ibrahim are up on the swing, and Bobby, Gary, and Henrik are mucking around in the kitchen.

"Marisol, I couldn't borrow Rocco for a bit?" Daphs calls over, getting a few surprised and dubious looks from those who overhear.

Marisol says something to Rocco that Daphs can't hear before he gets up and comes her way. Marisol goes to take Daphs vacated beanbag. "What's up, Daphs?" Rocco asks, looking pretty pleased.

"Come with me," she says mysteriously, heading to the firepit. She stops before she gets up to the decking, waving Noah and Lucas over. "I need you two," she tells them as the eye her suspiciously.

"What're you up to?" Noah asks as he and Lucas head over.

"All will be revealed," Daphs says, a grin spreading across her face. "Someone get Ibrahim."

The girls at the beanbags have all craned their necks to watch, but Daphs knows it'll all be worth it.

She takes the boys to the kitchen, Rocco collecting Ibrahim on the way. Daphs spots Priya heading down to the other girls with a wary look on her face.

"Gather round, gather round," she tells the boys, corralling them all around one side of the island. The boys stand there apprehensively as Daphs goes to the fridge, taking out a carton of a dozen eggs.

"What are you up to, Daphs?" Bobby asks as Daphs squeezes in between him and Ibrahim. Oh look, she and Bobby are skin-to-skin, his body heat radiating into her, however did that happen...

Daphs flips the lid of the carton, trying her best to keep her grin from getting too big. "Okay, boys, I need you all to take one single egg. Don't do anything with your eggs yet besides hold them."

The boys pass the eggs around and when they all have one, Daphs picks one up and holds it up like she's making an example of it.

"So, boys, you're probably wondering why I've gathered you all here," she says as Gary sniggers apprehensively. "I want you all to play a little game; the objective of the game is to make sure you are the Islander with the last egg uncracked. Wait, wait – hold your horses," she says as she senses them getting antsy to begin. "The victorious Islander will receive a prize decided on by us girls, so without further ado: hashtag, crack on."

The boys look to one another, but before they say anything, Rahim holds one hand up, and says to Daphs, "So, all we have to do is keep our egg safe? We have to destroy the other lads eggs?"

"Yeah, like this," Bobby says and slaps his free hand onto Ibrahim's for a powerful high-five. It's also the hand Ibrahim has his egg in, and the eggs innards go spurting, leaving Ibrahim staring at his egg-splattered hand in disbelief as the other boys break into laughter.

"Game on!" Gary shouts and immediately begins to wrestle Henrik who only has time to look petrified. Rocco leaps out of the way of the other boys and is immediately chased by Noah and Lucas who are egging each other on. Bobby shoots off, a recovering Ibrahim running after him for revenge. Daphs puts the carton of eggs back in the fridge as she hears a crack followed by a cry of disgust from Henrik.

"Yes, get in!" Gary cheers before he runs off, leaping over the wall to the lawn where the other boys are in the midst of an egg-off.

Daphs races to the girls at the beanbags who are watching the boys in bemused confusion. She still has her own egg in hand. "Daphs, what did you say to them?" Marisol asks, a small chuckle on her lips as Rocco is shoved into the pool, a mess of egg down his chest.