Episode 116: Frankly, My Dear, F U

Daphs finds this side of the day, things feel a lot ... chiller?

Vindication. She supposes that must be what it is. Vindication. Not only has Lucas come clean (however much it wasn't his choice), but it's certainly humbled Lottie. Daphs no longer feels like a pariah, not having realised how much she was beginning to feel like one at all.

It still leaves her with thee decision to make. To kick Lucas out or not? It would be satisfying, but would it have the same gratification of seeing him being put out on his ass by the public? Cassie had assured, has promised Daphs, Lucas will not survive the public vote if she keeps him in. It's a shame for Hannah regardless, but at least Daphs doesn't have to worry that she's cutting Hannah's journey short over this.

In the evening, Daphs, Chelsea, and Hannah are all chilling over on a daybed, tucked up under the duvet and concealing their outfits despite that it took them over an hour to get ready. To no one's surprise, they end up taking about Hannah's relationship.

"Like, I'm honestly sorry all of this is being dragged back up now, Han," Daphs says, kneeling her head on Hannah's shoulder. "I feel like it's royally fucked you over no matter which way the wind is going."

Hannah shuffles so she can wrap her arms around Daphs, thus mimicking the way Daphs arms are wrapped around Chelsea.

"Don't you for one second think like that, Daphs," she says. "If anyone has screwed me over, it's Lucas - or the producers, if they had done their job right in the first place. You're the last person on my shit list, Daphs. Even Chelsea is higher than you."

"Aw, Daphs, see, you've got nothing to worry about!" Chelsea says, voice laced with bliss, then quickly she adds, "Wait -"

"Honestly, Daphs, I don't even want to hear that you're thinking about me in this decision, okay?" Hannah presses on. "Lucas' time in here is pretty much over anyway. You'd probably be doing him a favour by getting him slung out now."

"Lottie's gunning for him for make the decision himself to leave, isn't she?" Daphs asks, repeating the gossip she'd heard from Hope.

"She sure is," Hannah answers, sounding less than impressed. "I think she's trying to make up for kind-of taking his side, or at least using his rhetoric regarding you to further her own claims that you've been up to no good. Either way, yikes."

"Not very girl boss."

"Don't let it stress you, Daphers," Chelsea pipes up, running her fingers up Daphs arms. "Everyone knows without a doubt now that you're right. Crazy, crazy how Lucas so easily manages to talk himself out of trouble! At least now, even on the outside, people are going to know his tricks."

"Very true, Chels. Thanks for that."

Daphs glances down, across the garden, where Hope has taken Lucas for a chat about the whole situation. It's the first time she's spoken to him since they dispersed from around the firepit. Hope had never taken 'sides' as they were, remaining pretty neutral, but she's made it known since Lucas' statement that she's not forgiving him.

"I need to pee," Daphs announces, already pushing off the other two to go.

Daphs heads inside alone, passed the living room and towards the back toilet. Instead of going in, Daphs takes her mic off, hanging it up on the bathroom door handle. She heads to a room marked 'staff' and knocks, waiting.

A runner answers, peeping out. "Daphs," the young girl, no doubt the same age as Daphs, says, brows raised, "how can I help?"

"Can I speak to Cassie?"

"I'll just go get her. If you want to wait in the briefing room, she'll join you in a moment."

Daphs gives the girl her thanks and goes to wait. She hopes Cassie won't be too long as she doesn't want people to think she's doing a poo. Cassie comes in barely a second after Daphs has sat, however, and strides right over to the same seat she had occupied earlier.

It Could Only be Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें