Episode 82: Making a Meal of It

Daphs is on her way over to the gym to chat to the lads when Bobby shouts her over. He meets her half-way, grinning and waving the entire time it takes him to get to her. Daphs pulls him in for a hug, savouring how good it is to hug him in the open like this. "Hey," she says, not pulling away.

They aren't in a couple, but they are the couple. It's Daphs and Bobby again, and Daphs is going to make it work.

"Not interrupting anything, am I?" He asks, squeezing her.

"Nothing that I would rather be doing over being with you," she says sweetly, tilting her head as she looks up at him.

His face lights up. "Beanbags?" He suggests.

"Carry me," Daphs says. Without waiting for a reply, she hops up onto him, leveraging her legs around his waist.

Bobby lets out an "Oop," before he gets her steady, holding her butt to support her. He carries her over to the beanbags beside the decking before standing over one, announcing, "Three ... two ... one."

Daphs screams as Bobby falls forwards, holding him tighter. She poofs onto the beanbag and Bobby thrusts right on top of her with a giggle. He pries himself off and lounges alongside her, both of them sharing the one bag, stretching out and facing one another.

"Ah," he lets out contently, "sun, pool, and AstroTurf. The good life."

"Like 'sun, sea, and sand'?" Daphs asks, brushing her fingers through his hair.

"The exact same," he says, leaning into her hands as he turns his head up to look at her. "Though my version doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it?"

Bobby stretches out and yawns, his stomach muscles flexing as he does so.

"You're so beautiful," Daphs says quietly, resting her head on his shoulder.

With a small laugh, Bobby kisses the top of her head. "Oh ... my God. I'm the one who should be saying that all the time, Daphs. Mmm," he says, finishing as he wraps her tightly in his arms. They sit like that for a moment, Daphs feeling so full and content, when Bobby very randomly asks her, "You ever thought about sunflowers?"

Daphs mind goes to her little bottle from Priya sat on her bedside. "I do sometimes," she replies. "What about them? What's on your mind, Bobby-Bobster?"

"Like, I'm not that short, right? But I see a sunflower, and I'm like ... damn, son, that flower is bigger than I am. Like, that flower is winning and I am losing."

Daphs gently runs the tips of her fingers along his hip. "You are so not ready to hear about trees."

He bursts out laughing, taking her hand in his. "You crack me right up," he says.

Daphs hears his heart beating through his chest and is happy to listen to it forever.

"Ahhh, Daphs," he says, looking at her like he's going to get into something else, but then he clamps his mouth shut, frowning. His expression quickly changes to a grin. "Do you think straws have one hole in them or two? Like is it one long hole or not?"

The straw-hole discussion takes up a surprising chunk of the afternoon before they head off in separate ways while Bobby goes to make food. Daphs chills with Chels on the daybeds before Bobby brings the food over, having made enough for Chelsea, too.

"Chelsea, very important question for you," Bobby says as he sits down tucked onto the back of Daphs. "Would you say that a straw is one big hole, or does it have two holes?"

The straw discussion continues.

It is only interrupted when Hope comes over, having just left inside the Villa with Noah. They've been inside since the game, and it's the first time Daphs has seen either of them since. They separate with a kiss, then go off their own ways without looking back at one another again.