Episode 46: This is Me Falling Part One

Needless to say, Daphs has not uttered one word to anyone about her kiss with Bobby.

Is it fair to call it 'her' kiss with Bobby when he kissed her? He definitely pulled her in. She didn't break away right off, sure, kissing him back for at least a few seconds, but she broke it off. His tongue was hardly in her mouth at all.

And Daphs hasn't been thinking about it at all. She hasn't been tasting the hints of his cocktails on her tongue the whole night; she isn't picturing his grinning face after the deed was done one bit; her body isn't warming up to the thought of being in his arms again.

Once her conversation with Bobby was over, and it was over pretty quickly after that, Daphs was the first to head out, one step ahead of Bobby. Everyone was gathered in the kitchen, but when Lucas spied her coming up, he stepped away.

Lucas lets Bobby pass and neither of them say a word to each other, barely sparing one another a glance as Lucas pulls Daphs to the side. They sit on the decking sofa. "I appreciate you doing this, Daphs," he says, his knee butting against hers as she sits stiffly opposite him. "I know how hard that must have been."

"I care about you, Lucas," she says, blurting it out before she knows what she's doing. "This is what I wanted; you're who I choose."

She reaches out, putting a hand on him. Daphs realises that she almost sounds like she's breaking up with him, but it can't be further from the truth. She doesn't want to mess things up with Lucas, and that kiss with Bobby could be the nail on the head.

It shouldn't have happened. It couldn't have. Daphs doesn't know what to do.

Lucas is bound to find out. Bobby said he wasn't going to tell, but who knows how many people have watched them on their TV screens?

If Daphs tells him, it could be over at once. He's been clear there's only going to be so much he'll put up with. If Daphs doesn't tell him, or at least not right away, will he be angrier? Maybe not so much if enough time has passed and Daphs can confidently say that nothing has happened since.

And all at once, Daphs knows what she has to do.

She's going to do as Lucas asked and more; from now on, she'll avoid Bobby like the plague, proving that she doesn't even need to be in his presence. Lucas will have no complaints about her come the moment she chooses to tell him. There will be no other dirty laundry to air.

Lucas smiles and it's so utterly beautiful that the thought of losing it terrifies Daphs. She slides up closer, letting him put an arm around her. Daphs may not be in love yet, but she's willing to bet that it won't be too much longer.

With Bobby's kiss playing on her mind, Daphs doesn't want anything too risky happen with Lucas in bed as it feels a little disrespectful. So, she and Lucas share a long kiss before Daphs turns over, claiming tiredness.

Two beds over, someone farts.

Daphs tries to fall asleep as Noah starts up his snoring nearby. He could have been all the way at the other side of the room, but his snores are so loud he might as well be in bed with her.

"I don't know how Hope can put up with that," Lucas whispers, his breath tickling Daphs hair over her ears. "It'd drive me mad."

"I'd just make sure I'm sleeping first," Daphs replies.

Lucas holds her a little tighter. "I can't wait until we get to spend the night alone."

Rolling over, Daphs adds, "First night out of here, your place or mine? Or are we going to our own homes to spend time alone?"

He thinks for a sec. "You live in Scotland, right? We can head up there for a bit. I haven't explored Scotland much."

"If you wish, but I was still back in with my parents before I came here," Daphs says, grinning bashfully. "I'd prefer my own place for our first night back home."