Grandpa

Fanart by @calton_box on twitter

Made: March 11th 2022
Published: April 14th 2022

DadSchlatt time.

Well, GrandpaSchlatt time ig.

Also, mentioned alcohol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Being a dad was a lot more than he thought.

Sure, he knew that he'd have to pay attention to his son and make sure the young one was healthy and happy, it should sound pretty simple. But how the hell are you supposed to make sure someone else feels that way when you don't know how to yourself?!

Then with the whole nuke gone missing situation, it just made him stress out! He swears that at this point he's gonna get white streaks in his hair from it.

But then people will think he died and was revived like how it's been with everyone else who's done that.

Some part of him decided that maybe he should just set off the explosion and see what happens. He configured it to have an ability to be blown up with a button that he has access to. He'll end up knowing where the missing nuke went, downside is whoever was around would be dead.

He didn't mind dying, in fact, he put a button on all of them in order to detonate whenever hit as well. You never know when you need to do a mission that'll end up getting yourself killed, y'know?

But besides that, how is he suppose to even know how to be a dad? I mean, it seemed Ranboo figured it out pretty easily. He doesn't even live in the mansion with them! He has a home in a different place!

Maybe that's why it's easier for him. He doesn't see Micheal everyday.

At least neither of them are deciding to go get the milk.

Tubbo's never really had a good... relationship with any type of father figure. Or his father for that matter either. So he doesn't exactly know how to act.

Phil was the closest thing he had to a dad, but the blond had a favorite child and didn't even raise him. It was mostly Wilbur who did, but he turned psychotic and got himself killed.

Then there's his actual dad who he had the displeasure of knowing.

Speaking of his actual dad...

maybe...?

The brunette looked at his son who was jumping on the couc— sofa, before taking a deep breath.

There's no harm in trying.

"Hey... Schlatt...? Can you hear me...? Idk how the afterlife works, you here?"

There was nothing at first, but then it sounded like... the sound of a whistle?

"Glatt! Oh, Tubbo. Look at you, you seem to be doing well."

The brunette didn't respond but nodded. Why did he do this again? Did he even have a right to meet his grandkid? After all he's done?

Well, this wasn't Schlatt per say. It was Glatt, an apparently more laid back person. Or he's just drunk. Do they even have alcohol in limbo? Maybe for his specifically. What a time that must've been.

It seemed as if the ghost noticed the youngling on the couch.

"Who's that ugly thing?"

"He's not ugly, and that's Micheal. He's my kid."

"You have a kid?! I mean, I had you around your age too, but still! You married?"

"Yeah, if you didn't notice the ring in the horn. We adopted him. Congrats on being a grandpa?"

The goat hybrid grabbed a milk bottle out of the fridge before walking over to his son. The pigmen seemed to have exhausted himself.

"So you have a son?"

"Yep. You of all people shouldn't be shocked."

"You have a— I knew I was old, but now I just feel even more old."

"Rot and die then." He'd never say that directly to Schlatt's face, but oh well.

"Already dead."

...Right.

"Congrats on being a Grandpa then. Even though I hate you with every bone in my body, you deserve to at least meet your son."

"And your fucking husband! I had no clue you were married," the ghost motioned towards the ring in his horn.

"That, you didn't deserve to know. Weren't involved with my happiness, don't get to see me happy."

"But you just allowed me to see your son?"

"Shut the fuck up," he started making his way to his son's room while his dead father followed him.

Why did I do this to myself.

"Y'know he looks just like you when you were small."

"... He's adopted. How the fuck?" The alive adult raised a brow as he gave his son a bee plush in his bed.

"Well thank god he won't have your personality. You turned fucked up, man."

"And who's fault was that?"

"... Your own? I didn't decide for you to be that way! I just played a part in it."

"A-class dad right there, huh?"

"Like your gonna do better."

"I will, because unlike you, I have a loaded husband and don't need to give away my kid because I can't financially support him, thank you very much."

"....Fair point."

"Anyway, what can you exactly do as a ghost?" Tubbo quietly asked as he left his son's room.

"Whatcha mean?"

"I mean, can you like— physically touch stuff or something?"

"Could Ghostbur?"

"Yes, technically? Idk, I didn't hang out with them that much, how the fuck should I know?"

"They're double dead. Like a double ghost.

Or double ghost Kaito."

"Double ghost who?"

"That was an obscure reference, my boy. Anyway! I can physically hold things, yes."

"Cool! So when I'm doing paper work, can you take care of Micheal? Like— feed him? Cause I got lots of shit to do and my partner isn't really here to help cuz he got his own shit to deal with."

"Wow. You have a loaded husband but he doesn't even make time for you."

"At least he's got bank. That's all that matters."

"Valid point, but sure. It'd be nice to have a round 2 at raising a kid without completely fucking up."

"Sweet. Now disappear or do whatever the fuck ghosts do."

"Sure."

There was another whistling sound as a voice of "Glatt" came out before he disappeared.

But cool, now he has a dead babysitter when he's busy.

Dope.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If not obvious, this chapter was mostly for the fun of it. It was funny to write so I hope y'all liked it.