Memories and Miscommunication

Fanart by @b0mble on twitter

Made: August 28th 2021
Published: December 3rd 2021

Idk what to give as a summary so just read the chapter ig. The title should at least give you a hint.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tubbo had to go out into the forest and caves to get what he needed. Recently, he's gotten a job from... an old friend? He's gotten the chance to reconnect with an adult who use to be on the same cabinet with him. As well as in his own cabinet.

The brunette's opinions on Quackity have changed a bit. First, they were fighting over whether a Cookie Outpost should stay or not because it has walls, and now they're working together. It's a bit strange to the teen that the other accepted him so fast, but he didn't really question it. Well, question it out loud that is.

The adult has done questionable things before, the goat hybrid is completely aware of it. Gaslighting the teen into executing someone he forgave awhile ago, even if it wasn't a complete forgiveness. The person blew up his nation, and honestly, the small hybrid was just surprised on how he managed to control the people for so long and doing at least a tiny bit decent job. Also when the adult told him to execute someone when it was so similar to what happened him

By joining the adult, he was able to talk to people who he hasn't seen or spoke to in a bit. That being Foolish, Purpled, Fundy, and even this person named Slime. The brunette had the time to hear their story on why they joined... and lets say non of them were really good. Besides Slime's story.

The green colored person seemed to try to lie about being a human, but seemed to know so much about everyone despite never seeing them before. Also, they were very gullible, and it appears that Quackity had taken full advantage of that as the slime didn't really have an idea on what friendship was. So the teen knew that he couldn't 100% trust the scarred adult.

He's always been at least a little paranoid that people would go against him or try to blow up nations, it's what always happened so it was really just a matter of time until another war happened. That's why he just decided to pick a side so he'd try to at least be something before his inevitable demise.

Like in his presidency, he just needed to hold peace up for as long as he could. It didn't really turn out that way. Making him one of arguable the worst president. But he could try again to see if it does work. It's not like most people will care anyways.

Betrayals, fights, abandonment, heartaches, explosions, killing, it all happened every time. Like a cycle, and he was waiting for it to happen again. It always happened, so it was only a matter of time until the peace he had would disappear. Where the people who 'cared' for him would eventually leave him.

Only one stayed, even though the small teen has hurt them so much. Tommy was the only one he could really trust, with his life at least. Normally, that would seem to be the highest factor to trust someone with, but it wasn't.

Trusting people to the point where he'd die for them wasn't an easy thing to do, but it wasn't the hardest. What was the hardest was trusting someone to the point where they gave him a reason to live. Only one person gave him that in his life.

One person who he fucked it up with as well.

He loved that person, even though he didn't show it much. The other always made sure to show him that HE was loved, but the brunette rarely showed that affection back to him. It wasn't Tubbo's fault he was messed up, but it was his fault for not at least trying to get help. That person tried to help him.