Memories

Fanart by @_L1_B1_ on twitter

Made: June 25th 2021
Published: September 4th 2021

Tubbo gets reminded of the past and doesn't have a... pretty reaction.

The clingyduo are reminiscing back at Tommy's exile after he got over it, but that doesn't necessarily mean Tubbo got over it.

So in this au, Ranboo was the one to give the two their compasses.

As well as this being an au where Tommy never went to the prison to see Dream.

TW: They talk about Tommy's attempt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tommy sighed as he looked at his best friend. Tubbo was standing next to him as they looked at each other. Both of them standing in the nether, in front of a portal that leads them both to a bad memory.

The blond grabbed the brunette's hand for support that he needed. The older teen was hesitant, but accepted it. They both took a deep breath and stepped in the portal.

They stumbled out into the land. Both seeing the land as they step. The taller tugged on the older's hand, and they moved towards the once place called Logstedshire.

Tubbo gripped the other's hand tighter as they got closer to a familiar pillar. The younger was confused by the action, but thought it was meant to comfort him at his attempt. Not knowing what the smaller went though during his very traumatizing experience.

The blond inhaled shakily as they turned around, not noticing the shorter's sigh of relief when they were leaving that area. They walked up to a sort of beach on the side, the beach that the taller has talked about to the older. One that the goat hybrid didn't understand cause when they talked about it was when the other wasn't exactly in the best mental state.

Tommy took a sharp breath as the memories of what occurred on these sands flashed by him. The brunette, being more observant on the younger's actions than he is on the smaller's, noticed this and softly head butted him. Knocking him out of his thoughts and silently thanking the goat teen.

They stepped more into the beach and sat at the edge near the water. A memory of when the blond had a hallucination of the brunette flashed across his mind, making the the younger rest his head on the other teen's shoulder. The smaller softly rubbed his thumb over the taller's hand. Trying not to have a memory of his mental breakdown when they're focusing on the taller's trauma and not his.

Silence overtook them as they stared into the water, the moon and stars reflecting off of them. The light shining down on the two. It was peaceful. Not like the war-hungry world that they were raised in causing them to have masses amount of trauma, just them two hanging out. Like the old days when they first got to the lands. Before L'manburg.

"Can I ask you something Tubbo?"

The blond interrupted the silence, but the older didn't mind. He nodded in response, giving his attention to the younger. Hair slightly falling away from his face.

"...Why didn't you come and see me during my exile...?" Tommy asked hesitantly.

Tubbo looked down at the blond's hand. Not exactly wanting to tell this without the other turning the focus of trauma healing to him.

"I guess..." he started, "... I... I didn't really think I deserved to... nor was I really allowed to."

The younger raised a brow, "why not..?"