𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟯𝟮: 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗲𝗴𝗮𝗰𝘆

𝟭 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿...

| athena |

"You awake?"

"I don't want to get up."

"Baby, its 4 in the afternoon."

"So?"

I heard him sigh before the bed dipped and I immediately rolled over and rested my head on his chest. We laid in absolute silence.

"Are you okay?"

"I lost two friends in three years."

I'm all out of tears.

His arm rubbed my back and I rested my head on my chest as I heard our door open. "What is it?" Trey asked and I heard Chase's voice.

"Harley's in the gym again." He said and I squeezed my eyes shut. "We all deal with grief in our own way, Chase." I said and he sighed and closed the door behind him.

Over half of the town has been refurbished and people are moving back in. The night she died, we came home and no one has left since. We've had people knocking on our door, but I wouldn't know what they want. I haven't left this room.

"What are you gonna do?" Trey asked softly as he ran his hands through my hair. "Harl will be fine. If she needs me she'll-"

"I meant about your future."

I lifted my head to look up at him and he was being serious.

"I don't know what you mean."

He didn't answer and I moved out of his grasp and laid on my back and looked to the ceiling. "As far as I'm concerned, I don't have one." I mumbled and I could feel his eyes on me. "I don't have a life anymore." I muttered as I let it sink in.

"We lost Carter. I found someone I could trust, he turned out to be a villain. I found someone else who I cared about, he messed with my head and then left. My secret was exposed, my parents abandoned me. I wanted one normal year. Just one."

My face was wet with tears, but I didn't move to wipe my face. I just let them fall.

"The closest people to family were sucked into a wormhole and I was alone for four months. I travelled time, fought demons, came back...just to find my home destroyed and my senior year was over."

"I didn't graduate, I lost my parents and my two friends. And I'm here. Stuck with this," I said angrily as green energy trails flowed out of my fingertips.

"I don't want to be this anymore. I can't do it," I said angrily as the tears flowed more freely.

I felt him push me into his chest and his arms held me. I fought against him as I cried before finally giving in.

"I can't do it anymore" I whispered.

"I know."

| jennifer |

I pushed open the bedroom door and walked inside. "Hey baby," I said softly as she laid in Alex's arms on the bed. "I can take her," I whispered as I sat on the bed and Skylar let him go and wrapped her arms around me. "Did you go today?"I asked softly as Alex left the room.

Since that day, Skylar would walk to the Valley. She would sit at the top of the crater and stare over the sand for hours. One time she didn't come home and we found her asleep in the crater.

"No."

The door opened and Cynthia walked in. She walked to the other side of the bed and laid on top of Skylar, encasing her in a hug. "Do you need tissues?" Cynthia mumbled and Skylar shook her head.