𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟮𝟯: 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

| harley |

"Have you guys found them yet?" Athena asked into the headpiece whilst I took a left onto a more secluded street.

"No, but we'll keep you updated," Cynthia said. "Hey, why the hell do we have to walk but you guys have bikes?" Lucas asked, slightly out of breath and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Well, dumb 16-year-old me thought having seven motorcycles were too many. Next time, I'll stop at 14." Athena responded. I heard a motor and looked to my left. Khloe drove next to me and I saluted her.

"Guys. Carter, Kat and I are covering the sector past the school all the way up to the Valley," Athena said and I could hear her loud and clear in my helmet.

"Clear," Carter informed and I looked behind us. "We'll cover the other side. The others can circle the central area. If anyone sees something, report back," Khloe ordered as she revved her engine and I followed suit before speeding down the street.

| katalina |

"I'll check down there," I said as Athena pulled off her helmet and pushed her hair out of her face. "You sure you wanna go down there alone?" She asked as I hopped off my bike and rested the helmet on the handlebar. "I'll be good. I can handle it," I assured her before turning around and jogging down the eerily quiet street.

My jogging turned into a slow-paced walk as I scanned the area. I tucked my hair behind my ears as I checked each street. I lifted up my wristwatch and switched on communications but the frequency was fried.

"Hello?" I said into it but only got a static response. "Great," I muttered to myself as I stopped walking. I felt a weird sensation behind me and spun around.

"Huh," I mumbled to myself.

I relaxed and turned around but my heart dropped and I let out a scream.

"Boo!"

I grabbed my chest as I moved backwards quickly as I steadied my heartbeat. "Well this is new," Natassia teased as she approached me. "What are you doing here?" I asked breathlessly as I looked at her and she looked around.

"Well, um this seemed fun so I thought I'd join," She shrugged and I stood upright slowly as it hit me.

"You're...dead aren't you?" I asked and her face fell. "Really Luna? Or Katalina, since that's what you're calling yourself now," She teased and I crossed my arms.

"Really interesting backstory too. I honestly thought it was a lie until those Originals showed up. I thought they were myths too, but they all seem pretty basic-" She rambled and I raised my eyebrow.

"What do you want?" I asked as I cut her off. "Oh nothing," She said as she laughed and I sighed heavily as I looked around. I looked down at checked my wristwatch again.

No signal.

"I've been following you guys. I know you could see Carter so I was just waiting for you to see me," She said as she walked towards me and I cautiously walked backwards.

"Oh come on, my plan like totally backfired anyway," She added and I didn't believe her. "You can trust me. There's not much I can do from here," She said and she wasn't wrong.

I stopped walking backwards and my eyes narrowed as I peered at her. She did that evil smirk thing and then glitched away. I quickly spun around as I tried to look around for her.

I need to get back before the others think I'm dead or something.

"You really shouldn't trust a girl who had years of pent up revenge," She said from behind me and I felt two hands rest of my temples and then everything went dark.