𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟭𝟲: 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗹𝘆 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗔𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻𝗮 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘄...

| lucas |

"Is it really a good idea for us to be here?" Jenn asked next to me as we cruised through the slightly crowded corridors. Students shifted aside we both walked down the corridor. Jenn was speedwalking as she tried to keep up with me.

"Athena's been spiralling. We left her alone for long enough," I said as we stopped at the staircase. There were masses of students trying to climb up and down the stairs. I gripped Jenn's waist and we disappeared. There was darkness before we re-appeared on the first floor.

Students jumped slightly and let out gasps of shock as we appeared out of nowhere and we both kept our heads up as we began walking down the corridor.

"You're sure she couldn't have handled herself?" Jenn asked as she looked in each passing classroom.

"You know the answer to that," I responded.

4 months.

It's been roughly 4 months since they disappeared.

"Why did we leave her alone again?" Jenn asked as we stopped outside a classroom. She turned to look up at me. "We left her because she asked us to. Remember?" I reminded her and she sighed.

"Well, this isn't gonna be an easy conversation," Jennifer mumbled and I nodded as she turned around and swung the classroom door open.

"This room is occupied," Athena said as Jennifer's combat boot heel tapped against the floor until Athena lifted her head and she stopped what she was doing to look at us. "What are you doing here?" She asked and Jennifer took the lead.

"Listen you said you wanted us gone and we left. I think now is a reasonable time for us to step in again-"

"And do what? I'm not doing anything," Athena defended. "We know you don't have anyone else. You need to let us be there to help-" I interjected and Athena held her hand up.

"For you guys to go and disappear too? No, I'm okay thanks," She shut me down and Jennifer and I didn't move to leave the room.

I'll drag her out of here on her sexy, pretentious ass if I have to. Trey really got lucky with that one.

"Fine, if you don't wanna leave them I will," She declared and Jennifer and I moved to the other side of the room and she walked out. A few seconds later she walked backwards into the room with Cynthia walking towards her. "I don't remember them saying you could leave," She said in a stern voice.

Cynthia is usually the nice one but she knows when to put her foot down.

"You guys aren't seriously trapping me in here right?" She laughed dryly. "You seriously think we don't know you're digging through Inhuman history?" Jennifer interjected and Athena stopped. "Trying to find information on the Night of the Fallen Star?" Cynthia added and Athena fell silent.

"I just wanted to see if there were any links to their disappearance," She mumbled quietly.

"What have you been doing for the last 4 months?" I asked her and she shrugged. "Learning about my history," She answered and I looked at Jennifer who blinked rapidly. "Trust me, you have no business trying to fill your head with Inhuman history," She assured.

"Trust me, nobody is getting hurt by what I'm doing!"

"Getting?" I repeated. "You're practising already?" Cynthia injected as Athena sat down in a chair. "The villagers that hunted Inhumans, they were known as-" Athena began.

"Firehunters" Cynthia answered for her.

"Because the first Inhuman they were looking for" Athena continued but Jennifer cut her off. "Was said to have pyrokinesis,"