𝗦𝟮, 𝗘𝗽𝟭𝟰: 𝘄𝗲 𝗯𝗿𝗼𝗸𝗲 𝘂𝗽.

| athena |

"You're a liar!" I screamed as I threw another lamp at him.

Dammit Athena, that one was expensive...

"I WAS HERE THE ENTIRE TIME!" He roared and I felt myself getting angrier by the second. "Lie to me again Nick. I DARE YOU!" I warned as I approached him.

I'm not scared of him. I should be, but I'm really not.

"You don't go anywhere without Beatrix so what the hell was she doing trapping Luna in that house?" I ask again and he shrugged. "I DON'T KNOW! I don't follow her around, Athena." He answered and I ran my hands through my hair as I paced around.

I hate the way he says my name like he's condescending me.

I threw just about everything I could get my hands on at him, and now there's nothing left to throw.

Luna lied to me. Straight to my face. I knew it, but I'm not mad at her. She's trying to protect me from him.

"You think I don't know that you follow her around?" I spun around as I pointed towards him. "That you chase her up and down the corridors to drill her about stuff you claim you don't care about?" I question.

"You lied to me about knowing her," I pointed out as my voice cracked slightly. "Well she's not a complete stranger-" Nick defended and my eyes darkened.

"You said you had no idea who she was," I said as I marched towards him.

"Listen to me," He said as he gripped both of my wrists and I gasped. "I've been here. Waiting for you. I know Luna through family. Our parents were friends before she burned her own house to the ground, with them inside,"

Does that mean-

"There is something wrong with her. There is something off about this whole town, and that building collapse that you and your friends are all too sensitive to talk about," He said and I gulped.

"She was there. And I intend to find out how everywhere she goes, death follows," He said in a low voice and I struggled to get out of his grip.

He roughly shoved me and I stumbled onto the floor as he walked past me. "Oh, and if anyone asks," He adds as he stops at the front door. "I broke up with you," He smirked as he left. The door slammed and it echoed throughout the empty house.

My hands shook as I looked at the bruises that were forming on my wrists.

I spent the entire weekend locked inside my house. I didn't answer any calls or texts, and I was contemplating skipping all of next week, but that would only bring more attention to me.

Monday arrived and I chose to wear a long sleeve jumper over my school shirt. It had holes where I could my thumbs through and easily hide my wrists. I tied the top half of my hair into two pigtails and left the lower half out.

I fluffed up the ends near my neck before straightening the pleats on my school skirt. I slipped on my pumps before grabbing my bag and heading out the front door.

I pulled my arms through my school hoodie and walked into someone. My bag fell and most of my books, which I plan to keep in my locker for the week, fell out. "Let me get that for you," Nick said and I froze as I watched him bend down and rearranged my books so they fit neatly in my handbag.

"W-What are you doing here?" I stuttered as he opened his car door. "I was kinda hoping you could show me the ropes at school," He said and my eyes widened.