𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟯𝟭: 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗮 𝗱𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵.

| khloe |

"Where the hell are you guys?!" I yelled into my communicator as I sprinted down the deserted streets. "What's going on?" Ricky responded as I frantically looked around before looking upwards. "If we don't find Katalina, she's gonna kill herself."

I transformed and spread my wings as I flew over the rows of houses. My vision sharpened as I took in the small figures running through the streets. I turned to look at the other side of town and my eyes widened as I took in what I saw.

There was red energy surrounding the entire crater that makes the Valley.

I flew in the direction of a person running and landed unstably. "Woah, are you okay?" Ricky asked as the orange dust cleared and he held me upright.

"That has to be one of your worst landings," He chuckled and he pushed my hair out of my face as I held up my wrist. "The Valley. She's in the Valley." I said, slightly out of breath.

"On it!" Athena responded. "W-Wait hold on! She's already started. We can't stop her anymore." I added and Ricky and I anxiously waited for a response. There was no answer and I lowered my wrist.

His grip tightened on my hand and I looked up at him in confusion. His eyes were glowing and he looked like he was in a distant haze.

"Ricky? Baby? Hey, look at me," I hit his face multiple times as I panicked and he eventually returned to me as the glow in his eyes diminished. "What happened?" I asked as I held his face in both hands.

"I got a vision." He mumbled.

"You did?"

"I know what's gonna happen."

I lowered my head and thought for a long while. "I know you wanna know," He mumbled. "But I'm not gonna tell you."

"There's nothing you can do to change it,"

| katalina |

Take a deep breath.

It's okay.

Don't open your eyes.

Don't give up yet.

The words repeated endlessly in my head as each hunter approached me. I let out a groan as his flame hands burned against my skin. I let out a wince as I stomached the pain but absorbed his energy. He weakened against my touch and I felt myself feeling a little more energised.

It soon dissipated once his body turned to ash and another clung onto me from behind. My legs weakened and I cried out in pain but I used the little strength to pull him over my shoulder and pressed my hands against his temples. His skin greyed until he was a pile of ash.

"Katalina!"

I turned around as another body collapsed and turned into dust in my hand. I could just about make out the figures standing at the top of the hill.

"Stop!"

Skylar.

I could see her running down the hill. I grabbed the wrist of a hunter and kicked him in the shin. He buckled to the ground and I twisted his arm until I could hear the crack. He cried out in pain and my eyes widened as I saw some of them move away from me and towards her.

One flew off the ground and his body lit up in flames as he lunged at her.

"NO!" I yelled out as I stuck out my hand. A streamline of fire shot out of my hand and it hit him. He writhed in pain and let out a roar before disappearing into ash.