𝗦𝟮, 𝗘𝗽𝟭𝟲: 𝗶 𝗴𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘄𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝗯𝗲 𝗟𝘂𝗻𝗮 𝗞𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗸

| athena |

"You came," Chase said loudly as he jogged towards me. The area was empty and the sun had set completely. There were bright lights that lit up the entire area and I smiled as I walked towards him. "I kind of didn't wanna stay home," I admitted and he nodded slowly.

"Me neither," He admitted.

"You've been staying with Harley haven't you?" I asked and he shrugged. "My parents don't want me staying with them so yeah," He muttered as he walked back to the art wall and I followed him.

Wait, he has parents?

Okay obviously I know he has parents, but they're still alive?

He picked up his cans and continued on a new piece of work. "My door's always open if you need a place to crash," I blurted out and he stopped before turning around. "I'll remember that," He said with a smile before turning back to face his work. I leaned against the wooden bench as I watched him.

My eyes shifted to what he was painting and I tilted my head to the side as he moved aside too. He watched me admire the work and I looked at him and caught myself smiling at my facial expressions.

"What?" I asked as I laughed and he shook his head. "You really don't see it do you?" He asked me and I gave him a confused look. He put the can down and stretched out his hand for me, which I took and stood next to him. "Look closer," He said quietly as I stared at the picture for longer.

My eyes widened as I moved my hand out of his grasp and took a few steps back and stared up at the art.

"I-It's me," I whispered.

| harley |

I panted as my felt forehead dripping with sweat as I repetitively punched the bag. I added in a few kicks and practiced on training dummies. Chase's words from earlier on today repeated over and over in my head.

I don't give a shit about anyone but you. That's what you wanted to hear right?

The base of the pop music blasted through the now empty, public gym. I'm pretty sure I scared off all the guys that were enjoying documenting their workouts on their Instagrams. I used all my might and kicked the head of the training dummy clean off.

"Damn girl, Luna isn't that terrible," A voice sneered and I paused. I turned around and saw Beatrix emerge from the shadows. "What is it with you and lurking? Don't you have friends?" I questioned as I shrugged off my boxing gloves and flexed my fingers. "Says you," she shot back and I let her have that one.

"What do you want?" I asked as I looked around the room. "Nick and I are planning something. And we need your help," She said as she approached me and I raised my eyebrow. "And what's in it for me?" I questioned and she rolled her eyes.

"Oh come on, those people you hang around with aren't your friends. They have the information we need," She argued as I picked up my water bottle and took a sip.

"I have the information you need. Why don't you just torture it out of me?" I asked curiously. "Other than Luna, who is way better than you no offense," She began and I chose to ignore her comment.

"We need someone strong. You'd be better off as an ally than an enemy," She finished as I grabbed my gym bag.

"I work alone," I stated as I walked past her. "Everyone in town knows you haven't been stable since Carter's death," She said loudly and I paused.

I turned around and walked back up to her. "So you know? Why don't you tell Nick yourself?" I questioned as she peers at her nails. "He doesn't know that I know. Besides, Nick has always found pleasure in torturing information out of people himself. It's why we've been chased out of so many towns," She said with a shrug and I raised my eyebrow.