𝗦𝟮, 𝗘𝗽𝟭: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘆

| harley |

"Breaking news-"

'"Latest power grid building comes crashing down-"

"over 200 people rescued from collapsing building-"

"Wervieme's own power grid fatally shut down after central building-"

"lives saved last night from building collapse-"

"catastrophic electrical surge sends building crashing down-"

I blinked rapidly as I looked at the switched-off tv screen.

"Can you please stop torturing yourself by watching that crap?" Chase asked as he sat on the sofa next to me and took the tv remote out of my hands. All the news stations were covering last night's events. There was pretty much nothing else to watch.

There is a pit in my stomach that seems like an endless black hole travelling to the depths of my soul. My mind seems to think that the words "grief" and "loss" are enough to describe the pain.

"I lost my best friend." I gulped as I turned my head slightly to face Chase. "Why are none of the headlines saying that?" I mumbled before turning towards the tv screen. "Maybe cause they didn't know anyone else was in there," He responded softly and I sighed.

I guess he's right.

"Everyone's hurting right now. We all need to be there for each other," Chase said quietly as I saw him lower his head from the corner of my eye. "How are the others?" I whispered as I drew lines on the pillow that was currently resting on my lap.

"Luna hasn't left her room since last night, Khloe's having a hard time but she's with Ricky. Athena didn't even come home last night,"

It was hard leaving after yesterday but we had to. The police were asking too many questions, like why we were there and how we knew the building was coming down long enough to get everyone out and why we were dressed like it's Halloween.

The pain in my chest increased as I thought of Luna upstairs.

I didn't want to increase the pain, and I didn't want to cry anymore, but I closed my eyes as I allowed myself to feel what she felt. Silent tears fell from my face as I allowed her pain to consume me.

For some reason, it was the only thing that could make me feel better.

The tears increased as I opened my eyes again and looked at Chase. He had a heartbroken expression on his face and I continued crying as I rested my head on his lap. His hands ran through my hair as I hugged myself and cried even more.

| khloe |

"Did you check on her?" I asked as Ricky closed the door behind him. My voice was basically gone so my talking came out as more of a croak. I haven't left my bed or done anything since I woke up. "She didn't open the door," He answered as he joined me in the bed.

I looked down at my crossed legs as I played with my fingers. "They were gonna be together," I muttered and I looked down at my hands.

"I-I remember him telling me how he didn't want to lose her in the fight," I muttered as I stopped myself from crying. "He loved her," I whispered as my eyes brimmed with tears. I looked up at Ricky who was staring at my door.

"I didn't wanna leave him down there," I sniffled as Ricky looked at me. "I knew he was gonna die. You knew he was gonna die," I said as I stared into his eyes.