𝗦𝟮, 𝗘𝗽𝟮𝟬: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝘂𝘁

| athena |

"We patched up all your wounds. Just take these pills and you'll be okay," The doctor advised before handing me a packet and I nodded and stuffed them into the joggers the hospital donated to me.

Apparently, my Halloween costume isn't ideal to walk home in, so they gave me a tracksuit that is two sizes too large and a top that was two sizes too small. They didn't even give my costume back to me so I can only assume it's in a dumpster somewhere.

I unzipped the hoodie and left it open as I watched the rescue team wheel Harley into the emergency room and Chase appeared and stood next to me. I held my arms towards my chest as I sighed. There was a clock on the far wall of the waiting area. It was just past 3 am.

"So she told you huh?" He questioned and I nodded slowly as I thought back to our conversation in the ambulance. "Still processing," I muttered.

She has this whole other life.

"How do you feel about it?" I asked him as I hugged myself. "It explains a lot. But there's a lot of grey areas," He added and I nodded. "You're right about that," I muttered.

A few moments later, Katalina walked out of an office with a doctor. "Just a few gashes and bruises but she'll be okay," The doctor said with a smile. "What about the other girls that we brought in?" Chase asked.

"Ah, Miss Khloe Simmons," She said as she read a sheet from her clipboard. "is getting her stitches in because of the cut on her neck. She's in there with her boyfriend," The doctor said.

"And the other girl?" Chase repeated. "Miss Pierce is currently in surgery. The knife grazed her lung, so her breathing patterns are already unstable. We're hoping that she'll be okay," She said and I turned to look at Chase. His head was lowered as the doctor walked away. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked softly and he looked at me.

"What if she doesn't make it?" He asked me and I blinked rapidly as I registered what he said.

"I don't know what to tell you-" I mumbled but stopped myself as I looked down at the floor. It suddenly became clear.

He's doesn't like me. He never did.

"I'm gonna take Lun- I mean, Katalina, home. You should stay here until she's out of surgery," I whispered as I moved towards Katalina. He grabbed my arm and looked down at me and I hissed at the tightness of his grip.

There was a stitch in the exact place he grabbed me. He immediately retracted, concern etched on his face, and I used the opportunity to create a larger distance between us.

"What does this mean for us?" He asked and I sighed. "You should know by now that there is no 'us'. Just focus on waiting for Harley," I muttered as I moved further away from him and walked out of the reception.

"Are you okay?" Katalina asked me and I sighed. "It's been a hell of a day," I sighed as I unlocked my phone. I ordered an uber to pick us up and turned it off as we stood outside. The sun was just starting to rise and I looked down at the long stitch line along my stomach that the top didn't cover.

I winced as I felt another cut on my neck that was covered by a plaster. The pain from all the wounds hit at once and a slight tear lingered on my cheek as I suppressed the physical and emotional pain that was close to knocking me out.

"There's more that you should know about me," She began and I turned to look at her. "We should probably have that conversation when everyone is out of the hospital," I said as I pulled my hair out of the hairband. The ponytail came off somewhere after Beatrix grabbed me in the school corridor.