𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟮𝟲: 𝘁𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗲

| athena |

"Has anyone seen Trey?" I asked as I approached the girls. "Trouble in my paradise?" Skylar asked and I raised my eyebrow.

"Excuse me?" I questioned and I crossed my arms. "It wasn't a question. We know he cheated on you with Nat," Jenn clarified.

"That's what he said when you guys were talking right?" Cynthia asked and I was at a loss for words.

They know him better than I ever could. The fact that they jumped to that conclusion can't be a coincidence.

"What happens between Athena and Trey stays between Athena and Trey," Harley defended as she stood by my side and Khloe stood in front of me and faced them.

"Not Athena, Trey, and The Originals," Khloe finished as she gave them a smile.

"Oh no we're just asking," Cynthia said as she held her hands in the air in defence. "Wait what did you guys talk about?" Khloe asked as she moved aside and turned to face me.

"What happened to 'what happens between them stays between them'?" I asked and she shrugged.

"He said that they had a moment but nothing happened," I said slowly.

"A moment?" Skylar asked as she crossed her arms. You could tell by their faces that they called bullshit. "This can't be what we're focusing on right now," I said as I shook my head and walked away.

I can't think about the possibility of him lying and cheating on me.

Otherwise I'll lose it.

"You guys can umm..." I said but I stuttered slightly as I tried not to focus on Trey. "You alright?" Lucas asked as he and Chase approached me.

"No I'm Trey- I meant I'm fine," I said as I slowly walked backwards and they didn't seem convinced.

"Where's Kat?" I asked suddenly and relaxed when I saw her sat on the curb biting her nails. "Good, you're coming with me." I said and she joined my side. "What about us?!" Ricky yelled and Kat and I stopped walking.

"Search and rescue. We don't know if there's no one here. If anyone sees Trey or Natalie, comm in," I said and tapped my watch and they nodded and set off in different directions.

"Why am I with you?" Kat asked as we kept walking. "You could explode at any minute," I reminded her and she nodded slowly. "I'm strong enough to stop you," I added.

"I checked today's date."

"Oh," I said after a long moment of silence. "Why didn't you tell them?" She asked. "Because I couldn't. You saw how excited Harl and Khlo were to spend senior year together, and now the year is over. It's the middle of summer," I explained.

"Sure we're powered but we're not immortal. We can't just go back and redo high school for the sake of it," I mumbled as I tried to look around but there was still no sign of Trey. "They're gonna check sooner or later," Kat said softly and I groaned loudly.

"Then they can figure it out on their own." I answered as I stopped and Kat stopped walking a few feet in front of me with confusion on her face.

"Nothing has gone the way it's meant to! And I'm so sick of being strong for everyone else. We have to find the Fire Hunters, fix the town, figure out what's up with you," I rambled.

"And you and Trey," She said awkwardly as she looked past me and I ran my hands through my hair.

"And me and Trey," I mumbled to myself. "You can't keep avoiding me forever," He said and I turned around and there he was. My face instantly hardened and I took multiple steps back.