𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟮: 𝗮 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗼𝘂𝘁

| athena |

"Hey, you ready?" Katalina asked as I fixed on my earrings. "Yeah, I'm not sure if I look okay," I muttered as I adjusted my jacket.

Along with the anxiety that came over these last few months, so did the weight gain.

Nothing fits me anymore.

"It's fine. You look great," She complimented as I tugged on my puffer jacket. I adjusted my tight-fitted dress before grabbing my purse and walking out of my room. Everyone else was dressed in similar attire: dressed-up casual.

"Are we finally ready?" Khloe asked as I descended down the main steps. "Let's go," I sighed as I walked to the door and grabbed my car keys. I walked outside and approached my car.

A small group of kids were awkwardly standing near it and I unlocked the door and put my purse inside before shutting it and approaching them.

"You guys okay?" I asked and they all grinned at me and I smiled. "What trick do you guys wanna see today?" I asked and they all started yelling various things.

"Okay, I can only do a few since I'm going out with my friends," I said gesturing to them standing at the front of the house, watching me.

| harley |

"Why isn't she like this all the time?" I asked as we watched Athena entertain the group of kids. "She's going through a thing. We always let her have her space," Khloe mumbled and I sighed as we watched them.

They all eventually left, except for one girl who whispered something in her ear. She smiled, but it was more of a painful one. The girl gave her a hug and her small arms hooked around Athena's neck and she hugged her back.

I looked over at Chase and he was watching her too.

She waved goodbye and ran off with her friends and Athena stood up from her crouching position and paused when she saw all of us watching her. "So who's with me?" She asked and Katalina walked towards her car.

"They'll come with us," Ricky said as he gestured to Chase and me. Athena nodded as she climbed into her car. Kat got in too and shut the door and we went to Ricky's car and climbed in.

Athena's car swerved around ours and sped down the street as I leaned against Chase's chest. "So what is she like on a day-to-day basis?" I asked and Khloe looked at Ricky before turning to face me.

"Harl, I know what you're doing and for everyone's sake, it's best if you don't go there," Khloe advised and I shook my head.

"No. We are all still friends. Senior year is about to start and I don't want this to be a problem," I argued and Khloe sighed.

"You can't force it to all be okay. You guys left, and neither of you moved to sort out what happened. She's suppressing how she feels because you guys are back. For now," Khloe explained and I looked down at my hands.

"For now?" Chase repeated and I looked in the rearview mirror and Khloe rolled her eyes dramatically.

"We're all leaving again. For college," She repeated slowly.

When we were in California, they taught me how to suppress other people's emotions. I can turn it on and off now.

I don't have to hear what people are thinking.

The drive was short and Athena already got our table and they seated us when we arrived.

Dinner was fun. We talked and laughed. People came to our table to greet "Wervieme's very own heroes" and it was fun meeting the younger generation that looked up to us so much.