𝗦𝟭, 𝗘𝗽𝟭:𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗱𝗮𝘀𝘀

| luna |

I swung my bag over my shoulder as I headed into the main school doors.

Sophomore year.

The halls were swarming with busy freshman and few other people. Nobody else really comes to school this early.

As usual, students moved aside with scared looks on their faces as a path was cleared for me. Whispers of my name filled their voices as I walked down the halls, but I chose to ignore them.

I'm not special or unique in any way.

I'm not popular, I don't recall going to any parties, or getting into fights. I didn't do anything weird that could've gone viral and I didn't have sex over the summer with a guy from the basketball team.

I headed towards my locker and unlocked it as I rummaged through my stuff. I cursed under my breath as a familiar brunette leaned next to my locker. "Hey girl," She smiled and I scowled. I'm not a total monster. Her enthusiasm can be very contagious.

I'm just allergic to it.

"How can I help you?" I asked as I pulled out a textbook and placed my bag inside the locker. "Just checking up on you. I do this all the time," She says and I raised my eyebrow.

"Oh come on, Luna. I do this every other day. I sometimes bring brownies?" She grins. "They are nice," I said with a shrug as my voice trailed off and that's all she needed to hear to set her off.

"You do remember me! Anyways, a bunch of us are going to the Valley tonight, if you wanna come. We'll be under the big sign," She continues and I shut my locker door and unlocked my phone.

"Hey, umm that sounds like a great idea, but I doubt I'll be able to make it. Sorry!" I yelled as I walked away from her whilst checking for messages.

The first bell for class rang and I headed up to the floor I needed to be on and went to my first class. I walked to the back of the class but suppressed my frustration when I saw my seat was taken.

"Next class I want my chair back," I said to the random boy and he couldn't respond because the teacher began the lesson.

| harley |

My phone vibrated and I slipped it out under the desk as my teacher continued droning on about some new method of algebra. It was Carter. I lifted my head up and he was watching me from the back of the room.

carter: there's a party at the valley. you going?

me: we're in class

carter: you weren't paying attention anyways

I rolled my eyes just as the bell rang. I locked my phone and got up to pack up my stuff. "You didn't answer my question," He said as he took my textbooks for me and I sighed as I put on my backpack and we both walked out onto the halls.

I nudged Carter and we moved aside as she walked past us.

Luna Kendrick.

She's feared by most but if you ask me, she wouldn't do shit even if someone paid her to.

"She's...something," Carter says and I looked up at him and he's gazing at her too. "Stop staring," I grumbled as I dragged him away from her view. "So, the Valley?" He asked again and I sighed. "C, I got homework," I muttered as I unlocked my locker and he scoffed.

"I'm gonna pretend you didn't just say that," He answered as he handed me my books and I placed them inside, along with my bag, shut my locker door and leaned against it. "Hey Carter, you going to the Valley?" A guy from the group of basketballers that walked past called. "Yeah man, I'm going," Carter responded as one threw him a basketball, which he caught with ease. "What about you Harley? You coming?" They asked and I groaned.