𝗦𝟮, 𝗘𝗽𝟮: 𝗱𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝗻𝘂𝘁?

| harley |

"Hey, you ready?" Chase said after knocking softly on my door. I brushed my hair out of my face, after leaving it in its natural frizzy state. "Do I have to go?" I asked as I sat on the bed again.

He won't be in class.

He won't be on the court passing balls with his friends.

He won't be strolling down the halls with his arm over my shoulder.

I don't know if I can handle that.

Chase walked fully into my room and sat next to me on the bed. I closed my eyes for a few moments before snapping them open. I turned to look at Chase and his eyes were a dark grey.

"Don't try to get in my head Harley," He warned and I looked at my shoes. "What are you hiding?" I asked him.

"Who said I'm hiding anything?"

"It's okay to grieve Chase,"

"But you can't use my thoughts as a way of coping on your own,"

"I just wanna make sure you're okay. This is hard on everyone-"

"I thought you said you'd never look in my head again,"

Wow.

"Chase, I-" I protested and he shook his head. "Stop it. Okay?" He said over me and I didn't argue. He got up and held out his hand for me to take. I paused for a while before taking his hand and he guided me out of my room.

| khloe |

"Did Luna say whether she was coming in today?" I asked as I closed my locker door and adjusted my hoodie over my shoulders. It's only been one day but god, it feels like years.

Each lesson seems to just drone on like time is passing without me. I don't even know if I'm physically here anymore. I might as well be in my bed.

"No, she didn't," Athena answered monotonously and I knew she was feeling similar to me. We walked into the cafeteria and everyone was there. Nobody greeted each other.

We all just kinda sat there in silence at our table, whilst the noise from everyone else seemed to fly over our table. "Yo Chase!" One of the basketballers called as a group of them approached our table.

Oh no.

"Hey man, what's up?" Chase answered and they did a handshake. "Nothing much. What's up with you guys?" He asked as the other guys listened in. "Why do you all look like someone died?" He laughed and no one said anything.

"I'm gonna get some food," Harley said as she got up and left her full tray of untouched food on the table. "But she already-" The guy mumbled but stopped himself. "I'll go with her," Athena volunteered as she got up and followed. "Anyways," The guy said as he gave Athena and Harley a weird look. "Have you guys seen Carter?"

The question I was dreading.

The table fell silent and I planted my head on the table. I don't even want to be here anymore.

"No man, I haven't seen him," Chase answered and I raised my head slightly as Athena and Harley returned. "But I remember him saying how you guys all lived together-" The guy said before Harley cut him off.

"Well we haven't seen him," She said firmly and the table fell silent again. "Okay. Well if you hear from him, tell him we got practice tonight," The guy said awkwardly before he and his friends walked off. "Smooth," Chase said as he looked at Harley and she shrugged as she opened her can of fizzy juice.