𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟭𝟴: 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲.

| katalina |

"We're gonna die tonight,"

"No we're not."

"Well we was meant to die tonight," Skylar hissed and I sighed. "And we didn't. We just need to get out of here," I said quietly as I picked up the bottom of my dress and we kept walking.

Style back then was modest. Long dresses. Not ballgown length, but it was still pretty hard to function in them. Tight-fitted tops. Hair pushed back at all times. We also wore headbands and ribbons but that was more for the children of the village.

"Where were we?" She asked me as we kept walking and we kept our voices low as we tried not to draw attention to ourselves. It obviously didn't work since pretty much everyone in town was aware of our upcoming death. "I have no idea..." I said slowly as I kept walking but stopped as I recognised a face.

Skylar's eyes followed mine and she smirked as we both watched him help his grandma into the florist. "Millions of years later and Andrew still catches your eye?" She teased and I rolled my eyes as he walked in the door closed behind him.

"I never liked him. We were best friends and he was obsessed with me," I said as I pushed my hair back in one swift motion. I picked up my dress with one hand and walked quickly into the florist.

"Yeah, cause if you're not in love with Katalina Király you must be crazy," Skylar muttered she followed me inside.

The bell attached to the door rung as Skylar stepped in behind me. His eyes locked onto mine as I slowly dropped my dress and we stared at each other. "K-Katalina, Adrienna. Hey, how are you?" He asked awkwardly and my face fell.

Even he knows?

"I've been better," I answered as Skylar waved at him and he smiled slightly as he nodded his head in her direction. "So what are you guys doing? Outside?" He asked and I watched as the florist led his grandmother into the back room. As soon as the back door closed Skylar's face hardened as she approached him.

"You wanna tell us what's going on?" She asked him angrily and he took multiple steps back and held his hands in the air. "I won't tell anyone I saw you guys. I promise," He wavered as fear struck his face and I sighed.

"Adri, relax," I mumbled and she stepped back as I slowly approached him.

"Katalina," He said quietly and I held my hands up too as I approached him, as a sign of peace. "Is what I'm hearing true?" He asked me with a sad face as his eyes awkwardly shifted to my sister.

It's almost weird knowing that when this actually happened, I was a scared, ordinary child.

No powers at all.

His eyes moved away from my sister just as my eyes flashed red, and his eyes widened as he stumbled backwards and almost knocked over an array of flower vases. "Y-You too? T-They just said it was her," He stuttered in a panicked voice.

"Surprise," I said sarcastically and I let him have him moment, but he didn't calm down.
"Andrew stop," I hissed and he took a deep breath and relaxed. "I need you to tell me what is happening tonight," I said slowly as Skylar approached my side with her arms crossed.

"I think the council hunters were just planning on torching your home," He shrugged and I paused. Skylar and I turned to look at each other simultaneously.

"You know, you guys really act like twins," He commented and my eyebrows raised momentarily and Skylar smirked as she laughed dryly.

"They have no idea..."She mumbled and I turned to look at Andrew.