𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟰: 𝗶𝗺 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂

| katalina |

"Welcome back, Luna," The principal walked past me as I rummaged through my locker and I forced a smile as I turned around.

"It's Katalina actually."

"What?"

"I had the city council send you a copy of my birth certificate to confirm my name," I said and he stared at me dumbfoundedly. "You know what, just call me whatever you want," I said with a fake smile as I shut my locker door and walked into the cafeteria.

People greeted me as I walked past and headed to our table. "Hey," I greeted Chase as I sat down and he momentarily looked up before looking down at his phone again. "Where are the others?" I asked and he shrugged.

I looked up as Athena walked towards us. I frowned as other people from different tables stared at her. She stayed unbothered as she walked towards us.

Despite her confidence, Athena was probably the most self-conscious person I knew.

I know she saw the people looking at her.

"Want me to consider being friends again?" She asked Chase and he looked up as he pulled out his earphones. "I need a textiles partner," She finished before walking out of the cafeteria. Chase got up and jogged after her. "Where'd they go?" Khloe asked she sat down.

"Design room," I answered as I put on my headphone and rested my head on the table. "Nobody told her what happened?" Khloe asked coldly as she sat down and I looked at her. "If she doesn't wanna talk to Chase, let her make that decision on her own."

"Oh no, I don't care if she wants to speak to him. I'm not letting him or his stupid girlfriend hurt Athena ever again," She said and my eyes locked onto Harley who was standing behind Khloe.

Khloe got up and looked at Harley briefly before walking past her. "Hey-" I said softly and Harley turned around and walked away.

| athena |

"So how was your summer really?" Chase asked as I measured his waist. I had a final project for design tech and I was almost finished with it.

I shrugged in response as I took his measurements. He shrugged off his school hoodie and his muscles brooded through his school shirt.

Not too much, but just enough.

I focused on my sewing but the other girls in the room weren't as focused.

"What can you do Chase?" One of the girls asked and he lit one hand on fire and the other created snow. "That's hot," Another said as she tugged slightly on his tie and I kept my eyes focused on my design as I swished my other hand and pulled Chase out of the girls' grasp.

"Hey! What the hell was that?" One of them protested as I kept my hold on him and faced them. "Do you have something to say?" I asked, my eyes glowing green and they didn't falter. Our abilities don't exactly scare people anymore, not that I see myself as superior because of what I can do.

I see myself as superior because I have more money.

"He's not your toy. Find another partner," I said as I realised Chase was floating around the room and I released him just above a chair and he fell onto it.

"You have a lot of nerve," A brunette girl scoffed as her eyes raked over my body and I raised my eyebrow.

"You've been here all summer, yet you managed to go three sizes up," She smirked and I kept my composure.

We're not allowed to hurt people.

"Don't say shit like that about her," Chase defended as he stood up and I motioned my finger downwards and he sat back on the chair. "Let it go, Chase," I said quietly as I walked back to my station.