𝗦𝟭, 𝗘𝗽𝟱: 𝘀𝗵𝗲, 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗹𝘆, 𝗱𝗶𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗶 𝘄𝗮𝘀

| khloe |

"Wait, what just happened?" Ricky asked as he pointed at Luna's retreating figure.

"She wanted to leave so she left," Carter said as Harley rushed into his arms for a hug. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Are there any bruises?" She panicked and he took her hands. "I'm good," He assured her.

"Wait so what are we meant to do now?" I asked as I tried to keep my eyes from staring at Carter any longer.

I get that Luna was having a moment, but why did he have to be the one to help her?

"We have school. We need to go back to school." Carter said and Athena scoffed. "It's Saturday," She deadpanned. "Okay then, we go home," I suggested and everyone nodded as we started walking back towards the woods. "We can't," Ricky said and we all turned around.

His eyes glowed a shade of turquoise before returning to its normal state. We all have a colour that glows like we're all connected somehow.

Like we were meant to meet this way.

But his is the most interesting. Like it doesn't really make sense with his ability, but it's a beautiful colour.

It reminds me of the sea.

Weird, I know.

"Cops are investigating what happened at the Valley," He said. "If we go back now, they'll catch us."

"So when's the best time for us to go back?" Harley asked and he focused on something in the distance and his eyes returned to the shade of turquoise for a moment. "Do all of you guys have specific colours when you're using your powers?" Chase asked and I roll my eyes.

I'm really getting sick of him.

"Why don't you try pissing another one of us off and you'll find out," Athena warned and he held his hands up in surrender. "Monday," Ricky answered and we all sighed.

Athena pulled out her phone and sent a few messages before shutting it off. "My dad has a place not far from here. It's only a few miles, that way." She pointed in the opposite direction that Luna headed.

We all started walking in that direction. Athena upfront with Chase, Ricky talking with Harley and me and Carter behind everyone else.

He was staring off into the distance as a gush of wind blew past me and my hair flew behind me. "What are you thinking about?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"Why'd you send Luna away?" I blurted and he stopped walking and so did I. "I did what needed to be done," He answered. "You don't know her though," I countered.

I don't really know why I'm sticking up for her since she, apparently, didn't know who I was.

"She was going to hurt the people I cared about," He said as he began walking again and I rolled my eyes as I kept walking too. "You mean Harley," I said and he cut me off.

"I mean you."

I looked up at him and his eyes flashed a dark shade of blue, as he stared back at me. I'm going to assume from that, that he meant what he said.

"Then why haven't you been able to take your eyes off her since we got here?" I asked as I stopped walking, and my heartbeat quickened.

He knows who I'm talking about.

"Khloe-"

"Listen I know we've never exactly spoken before, and this whole, um situation, is a bit crazy, but I don't know what I'm doing here," I said as I gestured to my chest.