𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟯𝟬: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲𝘀

| trey |

"Hold on, let me get this straight..." Athena said as she held her hand up and had her thinking face on.

She's pretty when she's confused, when she's happy, when she's mad...

"Trey?" Her voice called and I looked at her. "He's down bad," Lucas chuckled and I rolled my eyes. "I was saying..." Skylar began and my eyes locked with hers.

'You okay?' She mouthed to me and I nodded.

'You sure?' she mouthed and I winked at her.

"Hey!" Cynthia said as she snapped her fingers in my face. "Are you even paying attention right now?" Skylar asked me and I sighed.

"You were talking bout how you wanna harness Kat's energy in hopes that it'll kill them." I said in a bored tone.

"It sounds like you don't think it's gonna work," Harley pointed out. "It sounds like a very big 'if'," I responded.

"We don't have any other options here," Skylar defended and I groaned loudly and moved away from them, rubbing my face with my hands.

| athena |

"What the hell..." Cynthia muttered as Trey walked away and I sighed. "I'm gonna check on him," Lucas suggested. "No. I'll go" I replied quickly.

"I need six of you outside on lookout. If the hunters come back, you keep killing them. Kat and Sky stay down here. Figure out whatever the hell you're gonna do to get rid of them." I said in a fast-paced tone.

Jennifer, Chase, Harley, Ricky, Nat and Alex went upstairs and the others huddled to help Kat.

"Okay, what is up with you?" I asked as I approached him. "What if there's no other option?" He asked and I shook my head. "They're not gonna die," I assured him.

"What if they have to die? Who's gonna make that call?"

The thought sunk in and I pushed it away. I cannot lose two friends in three years.

"So help make sure it doesn't happen. I've been carrying everyone's weight on my own since the day you all disappeared. Please don't make me do it again," I said quietly and he finally took in my nervous state.

I've been calm this whole time but honestly, I'm gonna snap real soon.

"And I was the reason for a lot of that weight," He mumbled in response and I looked away. His hand gently moved my chin so I could look at him. "I won't let you carry it alone, ever again. I promise," He said as he pushed himself off the wall.

His hand cradled the side of my face as he kissed the crown of my head and walked towards the others. I stood in a daze as I watched him immediately take control.

The power he held was amazing. Maybe everyone listened because over the years they realised he was the only one suitable to lead, but I don't think I could ever stop watching him like this; in his element.

I only held power because of my money and my name, and it was always good enough for me.

"I'm not sure it's smart to think that way about yourself," Lucas said and I realised he stood by my side. "What are you? A mind reader?" I asked with a sly smile on my face. "Yes, actually. Yes, I am," He responded as I crossed my arms.

"You wanna know what he's been thinking since he left you here?"

I turned to look at him, intrigued. "The millions of ways he wants to make it up to you for being the cause of your pain for so long."