𝗦𝟭, 𝗘𝗽𝟮𝟴: 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝘁 𝗻𝘂𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗮 𝗼𝗻 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘀𝗲

| luna |

"So you'd really choose my abilities over everyone else's" I asked.

We all decided to walk back up to the house instead of taking the bikes. I don't even know why Athena has so many bikes just stored up but sometimes it's easier not to ask questions.

"Yeah cause I could probably handle them better than you," He teased and my mouth hung open. "You take that back," I said as I hit his chest and he laughed as his arm around my shoulder flexed for a moment.

"It's a lot harder to manage than you'd think. It requires a lot of focus," I said as I lit up my palm. "And precision," I continued as I let the flame grow and decrease in size.

"You gotta focus on what you wanna do," I moved the flame from one palm to my other. "And then, just do it," I said slowly as I used both hands to turn the flame into a ball and then threw it upwards, towards the sky. A large, red firework exploded above us and he looked up at the sky for a brief second before looking back down at me.

"You make that look so easy," He complimented and I shrugged. "Like I said, it involves a lot of focus and practice," I finished as we reached the door of the house and entered inside.

"Do you think we're gonna make it until school tomorrow or is she gonna kill us after?" Khloe asked as she sat on the couch with Ricky. "Khlo, don't say shit like that," Athena said and Khloe shrugged.

"Who wants to bet money that we'll last the next two days?" Chase said and Harley scoffed. "You won't be alive to pay off that bet," She commented and he threw one of the throw pillows on the couch at her. 

"What do you guys think she's gonna do with that whole army thing?" Ricky asked and I shrugged.

"I guess we'll just have to wait and see," I muttered as I moved from Carter's arm and headed into the kitchen.

| khloe |

I closed the fireplace behind me as I crawled into my tunnel.

Everyone else got walk-through tunnels and I was stuck with the crawl-in one's.

I reached the end and stood up properly as I walked down the slightly narrow hall. I checked my applewatch and it was just past 4 in the morning. We had training in an hour but I wanted to get some time alone before the others came. I walked into my simulation but paused as I saw Carter.

Anyone can use any simulation room and mine is conveniently the closest one to the tunnels, so people usually use mine. I closed the door quietly behind me. He must've heard me and I gasped slightly as I felt a large gust of wind within my direction.

I pressed my feet into the floor as I held my ground, my hair blowing rapidly past my shoulders and I sighed as I felt the wind lessen and stop.

"Geez, thanks for the blowout," I muttered as I felt my hair fall back onto my face and I pushed it out of the way. "Sorry, I didn't know anyone was down here," He said as he switched off the simulation. "Neither did I, but hey," I responded with a shrug and he gave me a small smile.

"So, how've you been?" He asked as I approached him slowly. "You know, I've been okay. Other than constantly fearing my life," I said with a shrug. "I guess we are pretty much the only ones with family at our houses," He said and I nodded as I realised.

Luna lives alone in an apartment, Harley's mum is out of town, Athena likes to pretend like hers don't exist because they never visit, no one really knows where Chase lives and as for Ricky, I guess you could say he basically lives with me, since he's always sleeping over with me.