𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟭𝟯: 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁

| katalina |

"So tell me how it works again?" I asked.

"Well I died." Carter said nonchalantly and I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, got that," I muttered as I tried not to think about that night.

I don't know whether I prefer him being here as a ghost, or him not being here at all.

"For the past year or so, I've been by your side the entire time. Watching and not being able to get to any of you. Now that you're in transition, your powers and senses are heightened so now I guess you can see and hear me," He explained in an unsure voice.

"Can anyone else see you?" I asked and he shook his head. "Great," I mumbled as I tied up my hair. "So you're stuck in here?" He asked as he looked around and I nodded. "You seem different," I pointed out as he paced around my room.

"Well it seems like everyone is different now," He shrugged.

"You're like...ancient, there are apparently more Inhumans, and my best friend is straight-up crazy. Not to mention that whole Chase and Athena thing which was very uncomfortable to watch..." He explained and I got the hint.

"I'm still the same person," I mumbled as I fiddled with my thumbs. "Katalina Király and Luna Kendrick are not the same person," Carter said and I blew out a raspberry.

"You should know that if I could leave the room right now, then I really would," I shot back as I walked into my bathroom and shut the door.

"The jokes on you! I'm a ghost so I'm basically everywhere!" He yelled as he walked through the bathroom door and I pulled out my toothbrush to brush my teeth.

"Death really bit you in the ass didn't it?" I muttered and he paused. "That was a Luna comment," He pointed out, with a smile playing on his lips.

"Dammit Carter, I'm the same person! Luna is an act that I put on. I can be her whenever I want," I explained, and he didn't seem convinced as I watched him through the bathroom mirror. "What is your problem?" I asked as I ran the toothbrush under the tap.

"My problem is that I fell in love with a girl who doesn't exist."

I paused as I put the toothbrush down and turned around. "You said you've been watching me" I began as I looked at him through the mirror above the sink.

"So you watched me physically and mentally break down because I lost you. You watched me go off the rails and bail on the team to blow up cars across the East Coast because I had to exert my pain somewhere where no one could get hurt. You watched me battle inner demons that came to life and hurt my friends. You watched me become a victim of physical harassment and I was forced to reveal my past; a past that I wanted to keep hidden for the safety of everyone else, and so nobody could question whether I'm being honest." I rambled as I turned to face him.

"Luna Kendrick suffered 17 years of pain in her life but came out strong. I suffered almost a millennium worth of pain, but I'm still here and I'm still fighting. Look at me!!! Are you not seeing the way I'm being trapped in this room and chained down by the reality that I'm not the person you thought I was? That I'm not Luna Kendrick?" I argued as I gestured to the gloves on my wrists.

"I can't get up and leave because I am a danger to everyone in this town. I could have ran away from my problems, but I'm still here. I stayed. How does that make Katalina Király any different from Luna Kendrick?" I asked him angrily and my chest quickly rose and fell and my face was emotionless as I waited for his response.