𝗦𝟮, 𝗘𝗽𝟯: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝘄𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘁

𝗢𝗻𝗲 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿...

| athena |

"Hey girl!" Khloe called and she stopped as she saw my hair. "It's...shorter," Khloe peered as she tugged on the ends of my hair and I swatted her hands as I leaned back into my car and grabbed my bagpack. "A change was in order," I sighed as I stood upright and shut my car door.

"Well it's a good change," Khloe added as I fluffed the curls on my hair and we both walked into school.

I definitely want a fresh start this year.

I mean, even though we came back from summer a month ago, it felt like nothing really changed. Khloe and Ricky have officially been dating for a year and ever since Luna disappeared, Ricky's been a lot less...well Ricky.

Luckily Khloe filled that hole, but you can still see it in his eyes.

It's almost like she died with Carter.

She never even showed up to his funeral. It was beautiful. The whole town dressed in blue, his colour, and students decorated his locker with flowers and pictures of him.

Speaking of Carter, Harley's been getting better every day. Chase has been helping her a lot but a relationship isn't in the question for them.

The first few months after Luna left were okay, I mean we still lived up in the house past the Valley. But after a while, everyone kind of got bored of it and moved back to their homes. I think it's 'cause that place reminds us of them so much.

Of the people we lost.

It sure does remind me of that, which is why I haven't been up there since.

We all eventually stopped hanging out at school too, so it's just me and Khlo, and we occasionally say hi to Harley, when we see her.

"You haven't been listening to me have you?" Khloe asked and I shook my head as we walked into the school. "Junior year seems so boring," I muttered as the freshman let us pass with ease.

"Well it's not like anything interesting has happened." Khloe shrugged and I nodded. "Exactly," I hummed as an idea appeared in my head. "Do you know who's throwing the annual back-to-school bash?" I asked her and she shook her head as her eyes locked onto Carter's locker.

We both stopped as we looked at it. "No one wants to throw one since his death marks one year," Khloe muttered and I sighed.

"We're gonna be late for class," I urged quietly as I pulled my eyes away from the locker and dragged Khloe away from it and she refocused. "Why don't I throw it?" I suggested and Khloe blinked multiple times before looking at me.

"You wanna throw it?" She repeated and I shrugged. "Would it be such a terrible idea?" I asked but grunted as I felt someone push past me.

What the hell?

Khloe gave me a confused look as more people pushed past us and headed towards the main exit. "Do you guys know what's happening?" Khloe asked Chase and Harley who suddenly appeared.

"Uhh no, we don't know," Harley responded as they stood next to us and we watched the crowd form at the front of the school. They cleared a path and my jaw almost dropped to the floor.

"Luna," I mumbled breathlessly.

She was walking down the corridor with a pair of beats headphones and much longer hair that fell past her shoulders and stopped halfway down her back. "You guys see it too right?" Khloe asked but couldn't take her eyes off of her. I turned towards my locker and unlocked it.