𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟭𝟭: 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲

| athena |

"You sure? You literally ate nothing at the restaurant," Trey asked me again as he watched me momentarily before his eyes stayed on the road again.

I missed this.

"Well part of the reason I said no is cause I'm not actually hungry," I defended and he rolled his eyes. "I don't believe that," He protested as he turned into a fast food drive-thru. He ordered two burgers and fries and milkshakes before paying for it, despite my protests.

He parked in the parking lot before turning to face me. He placed the bag in between us and I leaned against the door and crossed my arms.

"I'm not hungry Trey," I repeated slower, in hopes that he'll understand but he pulled out a burger. He took a bite of it and made an exaggerated moan as he chewed his food and I smirked as I tried not to laugh.

"Are you seriously seducing me with food right now?" I asked incredulously and he shrugged as he took another bite.

He brought the burger up in my face and waved it around my nose. If I'm being honest, the smell kind of made me sick. But I don't hate burgers.

"If I take a bite, will you leave me alone?" I asked and he nodded. I took the burger from his hands and took a decent-sized bite. I chewed slowly as he watched me and I shrugged. "Wasn't worth it," I answered as I handed it back to him and his face fell.

"I ordered two. You have to eat one," He argued. "Well maybe if you didn't finish your plate and mine at that restaurant, then you'd have space for both burgers," I shot back.

"Okay fine, finish that one," He said as he pointed to the one in my hand and I rolled my eyes as I took another bite. He unwrapped the second one and we ate in silence.

"Why didn't you tell me you're an Original?" I asked after I swallowed my food.

I already knew the answer, but I wanted to hear him say it.

"I was never really a fan of the whole 'Originals' title. It brings a sense of power that consumed me once," He said as he made air quotations.

"I guess us being so powerful that we were told as bedtime stories to scare little children was cool. But it's about protecting others. They're my family. I protect them with my life," He answered truthfully and I nodded.

"Just like I would protect you with my life," He added and I stopped eating.

"Athena, you mean a lot to me. I always want us to be friends," He said softly. "But I'm not like you, I won't live forever," I teased to ease the tension but his brooding stare only made it worse.

"I'll be there until the end," He said quietly and I crumpled the wrapping of the burger. "This is too serious for me. I don't want to talk about my death," I said as I picked up one of the milkshakes and he finished his burger and put the wrapping back in the bag. I pushed the straw through and took a sip.

"You took mine," He deadpanned and I stopped slurping. "You like strawberry?" I questioned as I looked at the pink liquid in my cup. "Well I got you vanilla since I don't know what you like," He argued.

"Well guess what? I like strawberry," I shrugged and he pouted. I gave in and held the milkshake out for him. He leaned forward and took a sip from the straw.

When he was done, I took a sip took and he smirked. I moved my lips away from the straw and shook my head.

"No. Don't say it-"

"We just indirectly kissed-"

"No!!" I whined and he laughed at me. "But we did!" He mimicked me. "But I don't wanna indirectly kiss you," I said as I leaned forward to put the drink down.