𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟭𝟱: 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝘂𝗽, 𝗵𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗳𝗳?

| athena |

I shut my car door and locked it as I speed-walked up to the house. I spent like an hour running around the school and I couldn't find anyone.

And these heels are killing my feet.

"Hello?!" I yelled throughout the house as I quickly dropped my car keys and looked around. Jennifer glitched out of thin air and gave me a confused look as Lucas appeared next to her, shirtless. "What's up hot stuff?" Lucas smirked as he crossed his arms and Jennifer rolled her eyes.

"You guys are the only ones here?" I asked frantically as I walked into the kitchen and then walked out again. "Uh Alex and Cynthia went out but it's just us," Jenn said with a cautious voice as I paced.

"Okay girl, stop." Lucas said and my feet were restricted from moving. I gave him a weird look and he sighed. "Talk to us baby, what's going on?" He asked slowly.

"Weird nickname, but okay." I said slowly with a smile and his eyes raked over me. I know Lucas hits on me for fun.

If only we became friends sooner...

"You know how Kat's transition was eventually going to end?" I said and they both nodded. "It didn't really end, It sort of reached its breaking point-" I explained as Alex walked into the house, followed by Cynthia.

"Well that sounds bad," Alex commented as he tugged his jacket off and I raised my eyebrow and he tapped his ear and I was still confused. "Oh, he heard you from outside. Extensive hearing," Jennifer informed me and I nodded my head slowly.

"Sooo, breaking point?" Lucas asked and I directed my attention to him. "I think Skylar and Natalie fell through a black hole. Actually I don't think, I know since I saw it happen and stuff-" I swallowed and the room fell silent.

"What?"Cynthia cut in as she asked. "They fell down a hole?" Alex asked sarcastically and I sighed. "Can I move please?" I whined as I gestured to my feet. "Your pacing is irritating. You can sit," Lucas said as he pointed to the couch and I complied as he freed my legs and I slumped onto the couch. I immediately sat up and Alex groaned loudly as he sat on the sofa.

"You know what you are?" Alex asked, with a strange British accent, as he pointed towards me with his can of energy drink. "Yes, I am of British descent, so you can stop looking at me as if I'm on crack," He added and I raised my eyebrow.

He threw back the rest of it and scrunched the can until it was a little ball and he threw it behind him.

"You're really tense all the time and it's very exhausting to watch," He drawled. "You don't care that your girlfriend vanished off the face of the earth-"

"She's not my girlfriend."

"What?"

"A girlfriend is a human thing. We're Originals."

"And?" I questioned with my arms folded.

"We simply pass through time so technically, it's like we're not even breathing" He explained as he waved his drink around and I looked towards Cynthia and she shook her head. "He doesn't know what he's talking about," She assured me.

"So what is she?" I asked.

"Well I know she's not my girlfriend," Alex shrugged as he held out his hand and a can appeared out of nowhere and he opened it and took a swig. "How does he-" I asked as I looked at Cynthia.

"It's very complicated the things we can do, sometimes it's best not to question it," Jennifer said as she waved it off.

"Wait no one's said anything sarcastic. Where's Natalie?" Lucas asked out of nowhere and I rubbed my face with both hands in frustration. "So she's not in the house?" I asked and Jennifer and Lucas looked at each other before shrugging.