𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟭: 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗲𝗳𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂

| athena |

"I don't wanna do this anymore," Khloe muttered as I carefully balanced the cat out of the tree and into the little girl's arms.

"Thank you," She grinned as she waddled back to her house.

"Stop whining, you're making this like ten times harder than it already is," I said in a monotonous voice. "Geez, you've become like hella boring," Khloe muttered and I stopped as I looked at her fixing her acrylics. She shrugged as she bit her nail in between her teeth.

A lot happened in the last 9 months, so I should probably start from the beginning.

After we got "arrested", we were taken to a facility in California so they could run tests on our actual abilities. We spent the next 5 months training on a regular basis, being monitored and stuff.

We basically worked for the government.

Just after Easter, we were separated. Khloe, Ricky, and I moved back to Wervieme to oversea the police department and manage the rescue services here, whilst Harley, Katalina, and Chase stayed in California.

It's been about 5 and a half months since then and senior year was about to start. We all agreed to come back to Werveieme for senior year, since it is our last year together, but I kinda gave up on forcing conversation.

We drifted apart.

Our team was separated, and I'm content with the way life is going right now. I don't want that to change. Change brings problems.

"Ricky said that he went to the department store to pick up stuff for the others. You do know that they're coming back today right?" Khloe asked as I continued raking the excess leaves on the ground.

"No, Khlo. I stopped checking that group chat like 3 months ago." I reminded her and she ignored me as she tapped away on her phone.

I sort of lost the energy to do anything.

It was better when we were a secret, and sure, I dreamed about what it would be like if the whole world knew what we could do, but I preferred the private life.

My family name alone is already out in the open for everyone to see, and the one thing I could keep to myself is open for everyone too?

"Tina lighten up. I know you don't wanna see them, but senior year's about to start. You should be excited," She said with an encouraging smile and I dropped the rake on the floor.

"I don't know what you're not understanding," I said as I used my hand to lift the pile of leaves and dump it in the mobile trashcan. "This is my life now," I said gesturing to the trash.

"I'm not the same person I was two years ago, and I can't change the fact that I don't care about anything anymore," I finished as I pushed the trash down the street. Khloe watched me wheel the bin away.

Sometimes I feel bad for lashing out on her, but I can't help it. Every day I slowly lose it more and more. I pushed it to the end of the street and left it there as I walked up to our new home.

The city council had it especially built for us because they didn't like the idea of our base being so far out of town. A twelve-bedroom house built with underground facilities, like in the Alpha base, and a Mission Control room.

There aren't any hidden tunnels though, which was the best part, to be honest.

I pulled off my neon vest and ran my hands through my hair as I climbed up the stairs to my room. I locked the door behind me and opened up my laptop as I scrolled through Youtube to find something to watch.