𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟯𝟭: 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗮 𝗱𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵.

Start from the beginning

I let out a breath of relief as Alex held Skylar back. He dragged her back up the hill kicking and screaming.

"Kat? Kit-Kat? Hey? Can you hear me?"

"I'm a little busy here Khlo," I winced as I continued fighting. "Please stop. You'll die and you know it." Her voice cracked over the communications on the wristwatch as I absorbed another hunter's energy.

I've burned through countless bodies, but it just feels like a neverending cycle.

I'd be happy to die if this is what it feels like to live.

"Katalina! Can you hear me? I swear to God if you don't stop I will come and kill you myself!" Skylar screamed out and I let out a humourless laugh as tears fell down my face.

I can't keep this up anymore.

I opened my eyes and there were about 5 of them left.

They stood motionlessly and I panted heavily as my hair clung to my neck from the sweat. My body was burned all over and the pain was so strong I couldn't feel it. I looked to the top of the crater and saw them. They were all there.

flashback: (two years ago)

My legs dangled over the edge of his car as he stood in front of me. "Don't finish all the fries" I teased as I reached for the bag and he held it away from me. I leaned forward but stopped as his lips were moments away from mine.

"Come and get them."

"Carter, I said I would help you get over Khloe," I sighed but I couldn't move away. Every force inside of me stayed right where I was. As if I was meant to be here, with him. Right now.

"Well I told you I'm over her," He whispered as his eyes looked down at my lips. "Because you have feelings for me." I answered for him and he moved his other hand from my waist to my neck and pulled me towards him. I turned away just in time and I could feel his sharp breaths on the side of my face.

I cringed and closed my eyes before re-opening them.

"What's the perfect way to die?"

He moved back slightly to look at me and I turned my head back to face him.

"The perfect way to die?"

"The perfect way to die."

He scanned my eyes as his eyebrows furrowed. "Are you high?" He asked me and my mouth hung open in disbelief. "Are you serious?" I asked as I smiled and he shrugged. "I'm not high, actually. I'm not a stoner," I replied and he clearly didn't believe me.

"Well come on, tell me," I urged as he held the bag of fries in my face and I ignored them and rested my hands on his chest. "The perfect way to die...would be with you."

I scoffed as I failed to hold in my smile and shook my head. "I'm being serious," I whined. "So am I," He mocked and I lightly slapped his chest. "Well, what's your answer?" He asked as he placed the bag down and rested both his arms on either side of my body.

He leaned forward slightly, as he attempted to close the distance between us and I moved backwards until I was lying flat against the hood of his car.

I looked up at the stars whilst he looked down at me. "What do you think is the perfect way to die?" He asked and I blew out a breath as I rested both hands over my stomach and shrugged.

"I don't know. I just wanted to hear your answer."

end flashback.

This is the perfect way to die. I won't be alone.

I get a moment of peace.

To reminisce, and to look at the people that I care about.

He didn't get that chance.

My eyes locked with Athena's and Trey has a protective arm over her abdomen, keeping her in place. I raised my arm with the watch on it and turned on communicators. She did the same and never kept her eyes off mine.

"Hey," I breathed out. "Hi" she whispered.

"If he hurts you, I'm coming back to haunt him." I said firmly and she laughed and I could tell she was crying. "You got a favour left in you?" I asked.

"Anything you need," She responded. "I don't want you guys to see this." I swallowed the rising bile coming up my throat. There was silence for a while. "Anything you want." She whispered in response.

"T-Tell Sky I love her"

My tears streamed through the burned scars on my face and I bit the inside of my cheek to stomach the pain.

"We love you." She whispered and I nodded slowly and lowered my wrist. I looked away from them as they all left the clearing.

I took a deep breath and the last 5 all charged towards me at once. They all gripped onto me and my legs buckled from the impending force against me. I focused my energy on the one standing in front of me. His body disintegrated in front of me.

"4 more left."

Don't give up yet

"3."

Don't open your eyes

"2."

It's gonna be okay

"1."

Take a deep breath.

I gasped suddenly as my vision was clouded with white light.

After a while, there was nothing but darkness. I opened my eyes and my vision adjusted as I saw yellowish dust and a purple-ish sky.

I'm still alive. "How am I still alive?"

I stumbled forwards as I realised I passed out whilst standing. I pushed my hair back and looked around aimlessly as the throbbing against my head increased. I landed on my knees and looked down at my hands. They were glowing at a force I couldn't control. I absorbed too much.

The red glow on my hands was so bright they were almost blinding. I jumped as my hand exerted a blast of energy which created a hole. I clumsily shuffled towards the hole. I pushed some of the dirt inside it and it looked like it fell for ages. My hand shot out energy again.

"She could gain too much power and exert it, like the earthquakes she caused, except this time she has a choice. She exerts it out and we're affected. Or she exerts it in-"

More and more energy shot out of me, creating more holes and I panicked.

Exert it in. Exert it in. Exert it in.

I pushed my hands to my chest and took a deep breath. I screamed out in pain as I began attacking my own body. I wheezed out in pain before letting out another piercing scream.

I screamed and cried and kicked and shouted. For hours.

After a while, the screaming stopped. The pain settled.

There was nothing but silence. I closed my eyes and took it in.

Take a deep breath.